Tigers in Bonaire

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We recently returned from a trip to the island of Bonaire in the Caribbean. While there, I saw a couple of Tigers. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me at the time I saw them. However, these were Grand Tigers - a vehicle I had never seen before. Actually, the Grand Tiger is a truck from China (not sold in the States), from a company called ZX Auto. I had to look them up on the internet. I guess they are available in Australia and probably a lot of other countries, too. Here is the webpage for them - http://www.zxauto.com.cn/en/grandtiger/introduction.asp.

Hmmm - wonder if they would make a good tow vehicle for one of the Australian Tigers?

No, I don't have any stock in XZ Auto, nor am I looking to try to import them to the US.

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
We recently returned from a trip to the island of Bonaire in the Caribbean. While there, I saw a couple of Tigers. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me at the time I saw them. However, these were Grand Tigers - a vehicle I had never seen before. Actually, the Grand Tiger is a truck from China (not sold in the States), from a company called ZX Auto. I had to look them up on the internet. I guess they are available in Australia and probably a lot of other countries, too. Here is the webpage for them - http://www.zxauto.com.cn/en/grandtiger/introduction.asp.

Hmmm - wonder if they would make a good tow vehicle for one of the Australian Tigers?

No, I don't have any stock in XZ Auto, nor am I looking to try to import them to the US.

Kinda looks like my Nissan Frontier .

Bosspwrd -

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not available down under (thankfully) only 2 Chinese brands here, the "great wall" cars which are similar to this 4x4 cab ute and "cherry" small cars which got banned after a few months here for falling short on mandatory safety features... Think that's now been addressed.

There are an amazing array of Chinese cars, all local market and all cheap, loaded with features snd utter crap. That said it's a new industry and won't be long before they sort them out.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Grand Tiger Review

Not available down under (thankfully) only 2 Chinese brands here, the "great wall" cars which are similar to this 4x4 cab ute and "cherry" small cars which got banned after a few months here for falling short on mandatory safety features... Think that's now been addressed.

There are an amazing array of Chinese cars, all local market and all cheap, loaded with features snd utter crap. That said it's a new industry and won't be long before they sort them out.

Michael - That's interesting, because when I looked up Grand Tiger on the internet, I found a review written about the truck a couple of years ago - and it mentioned the AU distributor. Maybe they have discontinued carrying ZX Auto models. http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/zx-grand-tiger-review-first-drive-12276#.VVPQZflVhBd

You're right - they do look like they are made very cheaply and are trying to get a foothold in the market by having a very low price (about half of a Toyota Hilux, per the article). But I am old enough to remember when the Japanese manufactures started marketing in earnest here in the US back in the mid-60s. Their cars seemed very cheaply made (and sold very cheaply) compared to the domestic and European cars at the time. And look where they are now in terms of quality!