Clutch slave mount

Warren

Gold forum user
I was wondering if the MK 2 bracket when installed with a clutch slave cylinder how far away is the collector of the headers .Mine is less than 2 inches away . The current set up roasts the rubber and plays havoc on the operation of car when parked after a ride . The aluminum body does not help much. I don't want to replace on every 2 years. The PO had f/g muffler wrap just around the headers but I took it off as I thought it retained heat.

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hand Warmer

I was wondering if the MK 2 bracket when installed with a clutch slave cylinder how far away is the collector of the headers .Mine is less than 2 inches away . The current set up roasts the rubber and plays havoc on the operation of car when parked after a ride . The aluminum body does not help much. I don't want to replace on every 2 years

A simple heat shield of heavy gauge sheet metal will work fine.

Warren

Gold forum user
Hardy Backer

I put a 5" x 7" piece of concrete backer board from a tile project. Often I used scraps as flame guards while plumbing and welding, I'm selling em for 19.99 shipped ....

You may remember they always blame the spark from a welders torch when a fire happens but not on my watch, just kidding about the 19.99 :)