Rear end alignment

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm pretty sure there is no lateral adjustment to be had in the rear end but thought I would ask. After installing Dales rear leaf springs and new tires and wheels I've noticed tighter clearance with the tire and wheel well on one side vs. The other. I'd like to be able to shift the axle about 3 mm to one side to avoid potential tire rub. I've pounced on the rear of the car trying to simulate an abrupt bump and with clay on the tire at the tightest point it compresses down from 1/2 inch to about 3/16. However I'm not sure my garage compression translates to real life road conditions. Cheers

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Leaning Askew You

I'm pretty sure there is no lateral adjustment to be had in the rear end but thought I would ask. After installing Dales rear leaf springs and new tires and wheels I've noticed tighter clearance with the tire and wheel well on one side vs. The other. I'd like to be able to shift the axle about 3 mm to one side to avoid potential tire rub. I've pounced on the rear of the car trying to simulate an abrupt bump and with clay on the tire at the tightest point it compresses down from 1/2 inch to about 3/16. However I'm not sure my garage compression translates to real life road conditions. Cheers

Check the rear shackles for warp/lean. To a minor point, they can be spread at the top and shimmed left/right with a few washers. Keep it to a minimum.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Consider the Source

If you bought the springs from Dale, you might want to call him up and get his thoughts.

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I don't want to imply there are issues with the Dale's springs, there isn't. I'm sure I'll be able to get the rear end squared up just need, just thought someone may have dealt with this already. Thanks!