Where in the World is Steve Alcala?

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Steve left the west coast on Sunday, towing his beautiful Alpine racer east to display it at Amelia Island then race it the following week at Sebring.

Has anyone seen him or know how his trip is going?

thanks,

bt

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Towing a car with a trailer in winter to the east coast has to be at least a 4 day trip, I am sure he is getting close. Check his facebook page? :)

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Results? Not yet

From the 2012 Amelia info. Hot Red Text by Tiger Blue to highlight the class of Steve's Sebring Alpine.

Criteria for submitting a vehicle:

Vehicles newer than 1974 are generally not considered.
Each year special consideration is given to the "featured class." In 2012, we will feature the Ferrari GTO, custom coachwork Cadillacs, as well as cars that ran in the 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring endurance races.
Special consideration is also given to those vehicles associated with the career of the Honoree. Our Honoree for 2012 is racing legend Vic Elford.
In the area of racecars, the Chairman does from time to time invite a newer model if the vehicle adds a sense of completeness and balance to a particular class.

2012 Results? not posted yet.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Steve Sighting

This report and photos arrived in my inbox today. Enjoy

Steve A asked me if you’d be able to post some of these pictures.

I took them at the Sebring event this weekend. It really was a great week and Steve achieved a significant accomplishment which I know he had been pursuing for many years. I was able to make arrangements for Steve to meet Joe Sheppard, one of the original (Rootes Factory) drivers at the 12 hour race, too. It was the icing on the cake.

I don’t have any images from Amelia Island but I he said it was great

Image 225 – This is Steve during the first practice session. BTW< he competed in the Enduro and completed the event

Image 349 – Steve receiving the “SVRA Vintage Spirit” award standing beside the other recipient and two SVRA representatives.

Image 360 – Steve with his wife Jane

Image 151 – Steve With Joe Sheppard. This was the first time Joe had seen the car in 50 years.

Image 138 – Joe sitting in the driver’s seat of the Sebring Alpine

It really was wonderful that Steve won the SVRA award – a huge recognition. Also, that he was able to meet Joe Sheppard. Joe told many stories of his adventure driving the Alpine during those 12 hours.

Thanks for posting these at the CAT site. If you need larger images for printing. Please give me credit for shooting these.

I have more, too! Even a video or two.

Story and photos provided by : Steve Silverstein

Steve S. is custodian and driver of the Sports Car Forum Alpine vintage racer.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Mo Steve Alcala

I got some more Sebring Alpine photos taken by the renown Shaun Kapples. Steve Silverstein forwarded them.

Enjoy! Historic car on the Florida track it raced 60 years earlier.

Rick

ToyTrainGuy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sebring '12

Here are a couple of more shots I took of Steven at Sebring.

This was my 37th consecutive Sebring race (as a spectator). I did get to run my MK-2 on the track once about 15 years ago through the local Shelby club.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Good to see that little Alpine holding off that Porsche.........:D. I love going to the Historic races here on the west coast, thanks for the pics.