V6 Alpine, need some direction

cmjr1966

Bronze forum user
I'm thinking about doing a V6 Alpine conversion and need some imput. Primarily anyone sellling kits, information on the best donor, sites that have a lot of V6 owners on them, etc.

lillypad

Bronze forum user
SAOCA forum works well for V6 info. Jose sells kits. I bought my V6 thru the forum. John

Cal44

Gold forum user
While you guys are on the subject. I was thinking it would be a hoot to do that, but, I started investigating the Mustang V6's. Isn't that the engine recommendation?

It's not like they are around every corner. If they are hard to find today what will it be like in five years? Then what about parts?

I am curious as too the Jose's kit, is it now behind the times or am I all wrong on the issue?

Mike

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Back in the late 80's/early 90's I saw an Alpine at a TU that had a mazda rotary motor in it---went like stink at the auto cross.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Rotor Rooter

Tiger Tom built one! I think it was the original Rotor Rooter. Tom Hall also built one which has been at many TU events. Never drove one myself but with an engine lighter than an Alpine's the balance and TVW would help it handle well.

Rick

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
V6 alpine

the roto rooter was a fastback alpine GT with the rotary and a lot of TT's magic. the car is stored away in maryland the last i heard of it. it has had another rear clip added after the accident. it was quite a car to drive. it was mean to say the least. was the alpine with the rotary the one that was at big sky in 1999? if i remember right wasn't it painted a light blue? that was a nice car.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I think the one I am thinking about was at Tahoe waaaay back in the late 80's I believe.

canuck pride

New forum user
The best way to go is to get on the SAOCA fourm and get hooked with
v6 Joe. Lots of chat on that subject. I think i,m leaning that way myself. Good luck. mike:)