Harrington Sunbeam on Bring A Trailer

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The car was on saoca site a while back, owner was thinking of selling but got hesitant he discussed the car in a little depth

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
harrington

one thing about Harringtons is that it seems no two cars were the same. there are differences in the three LeMans we own.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dimension Enigma

one thing about Harringtons is that it seems no two cars were the same. there are differences in the three LeMans we own.

We have noticed (strongly) a dimension and sequenced assembly difference from front-to-back and side-to-side unlike the later Alpines/Tigers. The infamous Brit reference to "filch" panels partly explains the wee factory fillet patches just about everywhere rather than form a complete piece of steel for the job.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
harrington

randy,
my three have different details in the interior. one has the knee bolsters and the other two have small arm rests only. the arm rests are wood covered with vinyl. all I've got to say is don't try to remove the roof. the plywood bracing gets weak over the years. have you noticed where they used the large hammer on the top of the rear wheel wells? they must have trained the jenson people.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Really Big Hammer

randy,
my three have different details in the interior. one has the knee bolsters and the other two have small arm rests only. the arm rests are wood covered with vinyl. all I've got to say is don't try to remove the roof. the plywood bracing gets weak over the years. have you noticed where they used the large hammer on the top of the rear wheel wells? they must have trained the jenson people.

Too late for a photo shot of the wheel well "adjustment", but when the old Guru was de-rusting the area, he gave me that "WTF" look. It's all nice and solid now and an interesting study in the "make it work" methods.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
harrington

randy,
the top has a wood frame that sets on top of the rear wheel well area. this wood runs from the back up to the B post. this is where Harrington used the hammer to flatten out the wheel well for the wood top frame to clear. you should find a wide L bracket to secure the wood to the body. the finest use of hammers to make things fit.