Windshield alignment

Johnnyb

Bronze forum user
Anyone have a clue on how to align the windshield with the wind wings and side windows so the softtop closes without a gap. I've got a 3/4 inch gap from the top of the windwing and top of the side window when it's rolled all the way up. Any ideas other than "Don't put the top up"? :)
John

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sunbeam specialties sells an adjusting nut that goes under the frame to adjust the screen rake. The orginal rubber wedges perish and compress over time or go missing during restoration.

Get the sunbeam specialties parts. Also often the soft top frame pivots are bent. The ones inside the b posts.. They get twisted when people force the soft top frame down... So check those for adjusting alignment of top frame and side windows.

JONHAN

Bronze forum user
windshield

I think you'll find the adjusters sold by SS are for getting the proper alignment of the frame to the wing windows instead of using the rubber wedges as the factory did. You don't want a I/2 inch gap at the bottom with the frame rubbing the window frame at the top. Set the proper gap between the windshield frame and window, then start adjusting the top frame. This may require taking the top loose at the trunk hinge area in order to move the frame to the proper position. You might have to take the top material loose from the header bow.

Last edited:

Johnnyb

Bronze forum user
alignment

Sunbeam specialties sells an adjusting nut that goes under the frame to adjust the screen rake. The orginal rubber wedges perish and compress over time or go missing during restoration.

Get the sunbeam specialties parts. Also often the soft top frame pivots are bent. The ones inside the b posts.. They get twisted when people force the soft top frame down... So check those for adjusting alignment of top frame and side windows.

Thank you for your input on the pivots. I noticed I had to do a little dance to get the soft top vertical rail to get it into the groove on the door post top piece on the side that is problematic. I think your right. Now for a little grunt work.

tigresunbeam

Forum Member
alignement

Hi STOA issued a Technical Tips dated October 2000 , called Windshield Angle Adjustement Nuts

I have bought those Nut from SS , work like a charm !!!

Gilles

Attachments

• Numérisation_20180111.jpg
    Numérisation_20180111.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 210