The British are Coming!

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Brits Have Arrived

Yesterday (14 June) my wife and I met up with the intrepid Brits on the day they linked up with their cars. The cars were shipped from the UK on a roll on, roll off (ROLO) ship. The cars all seemed to have arrived without damage. A couple of them arrived with empty gas tanks. (On a ROLO ship, cars are allowed to have only 2 gallons of gas in them.) I can picture the seamen racing a couple of Tigers around on the ship! Actually, that could not have happened - the ship is packed way too tightly to have anything like a track.

The cars had been delivered to a shop in Ventura. The six cars (along with one from Oregon and one from California) for the tour were lined up for a photo op. Also, Kirk Smith dropped by with his Tiger to meet and greet the Brits.

One of the cars had an issue with the charging system.

Photo 01 - Cars lined up closest red Tiger is Kirk's, blue Tiger is Bill Roger's (California)
Photo 02 - Cars lined up
Photo 03 - Jump starting one of the cars

Attachments

• Photo 01.jpg
    Photo 01.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 182
  • Photo 02.jpg
    Photo 02.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Photo 03.jpg
    Photo 03.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 159

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tour has Started

The tour began in earnest this morning when (most) left the hotel on the first leg of their trip. They were driving north, mainly up 101, with San Luis Obispo the planned destination.

The car with the charging issue was still being worked on when most of the others took off. In that Tiger, the battery had been changed out, the voltage regulator replaced, and new brushes installed in the generator. But it still was not charging right. This morning, a rebuilt generator had been procured and the plan was to have it tested before installing it. Hopefully, the replacement generator solved the problem, and the car's owners and the others who stayed back to help out were able to hit the road late this morning and catch up with the others in SLO.

(Admittedly I am terrible with names and I might have the wrong names associated with a given car. If you note an error, please drop me a PM so I can correct my errors.)
Photo 10 - A pair of the RHD Tigers
Photo 11 - A pair of the RHD Tigers, with drivers getting ready to take off
Photo 12 - Bill Rogers leaving hotel parking lot
Photo 13 - Alex/Nicola (red) and Pete/Liz (white)
Photo 14 - Pete/Liz leaving hotel parking light
Photo 15 - Alex/Nicola leaving hotel parking lot
Photo 16 - Don/Rachel leaving hotel parking lot
Photo 17 - Graham/Ruth leaving hotel parking lot (in their LHD car)
Photo 18 - Most of the cars lined up to head off
Photo 19 - "Happy trails to you..."

Attachments

• Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Photo 11.jpg
    Photo 11.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Photo 12.jpg
    Photo 12.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Photo 13.jpg
    Photo 13.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Photo 14.jpg
    Photo 14.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Photo 15.jpg
    Photo 15.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Photo 16.jpg
    Photo 16.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 172
  • Photo 17.jpg
    Photo 17.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 170
  • Photo 18.jpg
    Photo 18.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Photo 19.jpg
    Photo 19.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 185

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Never saw so many right-hand drive Tigers- 5 out of the 6 British cars!

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Hovering around 110 this week here, bring lots of water. If anyone wants a little something extra to do this weekend there is Cars and Coffee Folsom about 25 minutes away on Saturday and then in the same location Eurosunday on Sunday morning. Both go from about 7-930am and attract about 150+ cars each day. 430 Palladio parkway, Folsom, Ca.
Otherwise I will see you at McLellan park.