TU XXXVIII June 23-25 2017

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
STOA is hosting Tigers United near Sacramento in June 2017.

Flyer Below

Last edited:

pushrod

Bronze forum user
The British are coming

There will be seven UK registered, right hand drive Tigers in attendance plus another from New Zealand, together with their owners.

The cars are in California for 2-4 weeks next June/July.

Lou.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hope the Oroville Dam holds- hate to see all those Tigers washed away:O

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
want-a bet- levees do fail- look up history of sacramento- thats why the indians of the that time moved to the hills during the winter

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Living in the Sacramento area there was never any talk of danger or evacuations if the Oroville spillway were to fail. In fact a lot of the evacuation centers were set up in the Sacramento area for those people. There are thousands of acres of flat land and rice fields between here and there that would flood. Tigers are safe in Sacto........

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tigers United XXXVIII Registration Form and Information

Attached is the registration form for the upcoming Tigers United. Also attached is an information sheet you will need while filling out the form and it also lets you know how to make your hotel reservations. June is not that far away, so don't linger signing up and making your hotel reservations. You can also register for the TU online at http://TU38.eventzilla.net.

4/4/2017 UPDATE It turns out that the hotel does not book blocked rooms on their 866 numbers (as shown in one of the flyers). To book your hotel room at the special rate, you will need to call (916) 640-0835. Please note that the March-April edition of the Tiger Tales also shows the same numbers as the flyers here.

Attachments

• TU38 Form.pdf
    805.8 KB · Views: 215
  • TU38 Info.pdf
    784.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TU Room Reservations

I've heard from the STOA that you can't make room reservations using the 800 number. You should use the direct number at (916) 640-0835.

bt
at the beach

DDZ28

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
First Timer at TU

Hello All

I am the owner of a Tiger II and am looking at visiting and/or attending the TU in Sacramento. Our Tiger is in original shape other that a bad repaint and motor rebuild.

We live about 1.5 hours away so we will be driving and will only be there 1 day. We are not looking to be judged or anything like that.

We are just looking to show up, meet some folks and see some other cars.

What would be the best day?

Is there a place to park with everyone?

Do I need to register?

Thanks
Dan

Warren

Gold forum user
Link details please see previous post

Additional T-Shirts -$20.00

Sales end on -06/23/2017

Meals Only - $100.00

Sales end on -06/23/2017

Participant -$180.00

Sales end on -06/23/2017

• Sub total$0.00
  • Fee$0.00
  • Total amount$0.00

Event Information

Thu, June 22 2017, 4:00 PM - Sun, June 25 2017, 12:00 AM [PST]
About the Events

STOA is proud to present Tigers United 38 "Tigers At The Capital" celebrating 50 years of the MK II Tiger in Sacramento, CA from June 22 - 25, 2017. This Tigers United will continue with time honored traditions including Autocross, Concourse, Rally, Quiz, and Popular Vote all culminating in the Sunday Awards Banquet and the Lord Rootes Trophy. Also on the agenda are the required Technical Inspection, optional Tiger Authentication (TAC), Hospitality Suite, and more. So register now and join the Tiger community for a fun-filled weekend of activates in Sacramento.

Event Hotel
Lions Gate Hotel McClellan (Sacramento) CA. For Reservations Call: +1(916)640-0835

Registration
Please use this site for online registration - the preferred method of registering for this event. For hard-copy-pen-and-ink-snail-mail registration please download it from the STOA Tigers United web page. Please contact left_______ if you have any questions. Link removed please see earlier posting with contact info Thanks W.

Registration Notes
· For insurance reasons, a participant is anyone driving or riding in the car during a sponsored event. That means both driver and navigator in the ralley must be registered as Participants. That also means only Participants may be on the tract as driver or passenger at the autocross.
· Classification Guidelines can be found here on the sunbeamtiger.org website

Schedule of Events
Thursday, June 22
4:00 to 8:00 pm
Registration at Lions Gate Hotel Lobby
5:00 to 8:00 pm
Technical Inspection
5:00 to 7:00 pm
Welcome Gathering: Hors d'oeuvres and No Host Cocktails at Lions Gate Poolside Patio
8:00 to
Hospitality Suite

Friday, June 23
8:00 to 8:30 am
Registration
8:00 to 8:45 am
Technical Inspection
8:45 to 3:00 pm
Autocross at MEGA LOT behind McClellan Park
8:45 am
Drivers Meeting
9:00 am
First Car Out
12:00 pm
Lunch
5:00 to 6:00 pm
Tiger Quiz
7:00 pm to?
Hospitality Suite and Swap ‘n’ Shop

Saturday, June 24
8:00 to 10:00 am
Tiger Rally
8:00 pm
First Car Out
1:00 pm
All Cars In
4:00 to 6:00 pm
Tiger Quiz at McClellan House or Lions Gate Lobby (TBA)
7:00 pm
Hospitality Suite and Sway ‘n’ Shop
7:00 to 8:00 pm
Guest Speaker Mike Jones at the Hospitality Suite. Dessert will be served. An informal discuss led by Hap Hazard will follow about boosting Tiger interest in younger generations.

Sunday, June 25
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tiger Concourse at McClellan Mall behind the Lions Gate Hotel Pool Patio
9:00 am
Rags Down and Judging Start
12:00 pm
Lunch
4:00 to 8:00 pm
Awards Banquet at the Lions Gate Hotel
8:00 pm to
Last Bash

Cancellation policy

You can cancel and receive a refund up to the week of the event June 19th. A cancelation fee of $15 will be charged.

Event Location

Lions Gate Hotel McClellan

3410 Westover St, McClellan Park, CA, 95652, United States

Getting there

Warren

Gold forum user
Posting notes

My previous posting is a cut and paste from the eventvilla link in earlier postings. Choosing one day would be hard . I think that the autocross and the concourse are the best but they are on different days. The event will be attended by several of our British pals from the U.K. who are shipping their cars. Outside of Woodley park show this Sunday it'll be the biggest gathering of Tigers on the West coast.

DDZ28

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
TU Event

Is this event open to the public for viewing? If so are there tickets and where can they be purchased?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
See 03-03-2017 Post

Dan,

If it were me with only one day available, I would attend the Concours. It is the best opportunity to be able to check out in detail various Tigers and talk with Tiger owners in a more relaxed atmosphere.

The answers to your questions about costs (if any) should be answered by someone from STOA. If you go to my earlier post (03-03-2017) in this thread, there is an embedded link to tu38.eventzill.net. Click on it and there at the top is Organizer. Click on that, and it will take you to a tab you can click on, called Contact Organizer. Once you click on that tab, you will be able to send your questions to the organizer(s), who should be able to get back to you fairly quickly. Good luck in getting your questions answered.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Dan - I will be heading to Eurosunday ( about a 200+ car show) in Folsom with a few local Tigers then out to the concourse in my Tiger. It is free to see the Tiger show, in fact the past couple events they have let non judged cars attend as well to fill the field.