Passenger Side Tire rub

Johnnyb

Bronze forum user
Just put on Panasport 7inch wheels from Dale's with 205/50's and my rear passenger side is rubbing the side wall by a hair when I go over big bumps. Doesn't seem to be a problem on turns but admittedly I don't throw the car around. My car has edelbrock shocks all the way around from the previous owner, traction bars and no panard bar. On close inspection, not by me, shows the rear end is 1/2 closer to the passenger side. Should I see if that can be moved and by who? Get stiffer shocks for the rear? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks John:confused:

mrthieba

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mine does the same with narrower tires and rims. My panhard is also removed. I have often thought that replacing the panhard bar might fix that problem. The angle of the bar would force the axle slightly toward the drivers side as the body compresses toward the axle.

Johnnyb

Bronze forum user
Tire rubbing

Thank you! We're you thinking of the original Panard bar or going with an aftermarket one if so which one?:)

mrthieba

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is an article in tiger tales (July august) about the stock panhard bar. Have you read it? The same reason it moves the axle slightly toward the drivers side during compression is the same reason people don't like it. You would want a stock setup if you want that. Do your research. Also, how much it moves sideways with the panhard bar, I don't know. There was also some talk about it on this forum recently. Some of those people would have better insight than I would.

If you still have the stock brackets you could easily put the pbar back in and test it. I have one you could borrow.
Mat

Last edited: