Tiger memorabilia

Seabrook

Silver forum user
(a) I have a white coffee cup w/Tiger logo given to me by the late Wally Swift, who alleged it was made by Laura Garrad; I've been terrified of breaking it so I don't drink from it, just sits in a display case in the garage.

(b) I have 2 one-forty-thirds; an ENCO kit built up as my car, and one of the earliest K&R kits which someday will be ADU 312B (alas, I have way too many unbuilt 1/43rds and they may never get built).

(c) Several of the AMT 1/24ths; one half-built. When they were re-released (1993?) you had to be a member of AMT's modeling club to get them and a co-worker's husband was; she brought in a newsletter and "isn't that your car?". IIRC Wally wanted ten and I got three, AMT never balked at the order for 13 kits which surprised me.

(d) With enough Tiger owners vying for whatever period "goodies" surface, I despair of ever making a "find" like one of those LAT ashtrays (I don't smoke, but…). My BON has a dust-jacket tear which probably dings the value by $250 or so.

(e) Hence, anything in the future, I'll probably just have made -- like the etched logo wine glasses I posted about to the e-mail list last summer (24 on display in the wine glass rack in the half-completed kitchen).

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Maybe we could get a topic for memorabilia like we now have for videos.

A friend recently posted me with links of the following. No affiliation and let the buyer beware.

A very detailed Johnny Lighting at least much more than the one I received. Includes detailed side trim, badges and a hint at Tiger script as well as SUNBEAM on the boot. Item description claims new but pics show out of the box which would be expected if this was hand detailed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-TIG...51188?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item27c6ae8734

Jigsaw puzzle. I'm not into them but someone may want to add to a memo. collection. I guess there are things to look for when buying jigsaws such as piece size, shape and variation when you're serious. I noticed that the image is 300dpi which isn't the best quality. Pieces shown (a stock photo) don't appear to belong to puzzle.
http://www.amazon.com/Jigsaw-Sunbea...and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1339571504&sr=1-2-fkmr1

Mooncat17

Bronze forum user
memorabilia

my colection is still limited. A few days befor my birthday last week Mike H. asked me for a sample of moonstone paint I recently had made. He was vauge on the use and my mind was elsewhere. It was a nice surprise what showed up on my birthday. Rumour has it they are available in a variety of colors.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
haha--wish I had a room that big that I had full control over. Luckily my wife has tolerated some type of car related item in every room of the house, so I had better not complain too much. and our wedding topper was a Sunbeam Tiger with me in it and another topper was of her in her wedding dress hitchhiking.......... :)

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just recently found this Rootes Sign in Belgium. Need to find a place to hang it now.

A few other Rootes related signs hang in the garage or will soon be in there. Still looking for a Rootes flange sign.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Great looking items - I especially like the metal signs. I see you got a glass Tiger too, glad I did.

tigresunbeam

Forum Member
What about a picture sign By M. Chambers .
I Bought this picture at an auction in th 80's at a TEAE meet.
The picture is in a frame in my castle .!!!!
Authentic signature !!!!

Gilles

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have a lot of Tiger 'stuff'...one of my favorites is a dealer packet to a prospective buyer in '65 with a very cool Sunbeam Tiger postal stamping on the outside.

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My current employer just happened to have a Sunbeam Tiger owner as my boss. He bought it new in 65 or 66 and still has it although he gave me some of the literature he got when he bought it. There is even a letter from R.G. Wheatley. I wonder if he still has the lighter they sent him.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sales brochure

Here's a peek at mine from '65...

1690qaw.jpg

v8q1y8.jpg

2l8uhhg.jpg

w6oxed.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Amazing collection of dealer and factory documents!!! I'm drooling!!!

I'll have to photograph some of my stash! I have an original of the lat dealer options folder , I scanned it and Steve laifman put on his tigersunited site as a downloadable PDF .. still there if people want it.

I have an original LAT rally jacket and patch, original performance tuning the tiger book, some factory brochures, an original sunbeam car club membership pack and badge and various other trinkets... Will have to photograph and post :)

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
yellow thingie

Is the yellow thing a window sticker? Very cool to see these pieces.

Do you have your original invoice too?

The yellow thing is actually a DECAL- you could soak it in water and apply it to your window- amazing it's still intact and in perfect shape over 50 years later!

I wasn't quite old enough to buy a Tiger when new- I didn't get mine until 1970, so, no window sticker for me. This packet is from an interested buyer in '65- it's one of my favorite pieces!

Kirk