California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum

Go Back   California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum > Tiger Technical - Stock > Body
New Threads

Old 04-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCat View Post
Oj,

When you are looking at the wiring diagram from the Rootes Workshop Manual, you might be mixing the wiper switch for the wiper motor. Check your diagram carefully. (I am not familiar with the Prospero Garage laminated wiring diagram, so I can not say how that shows the motor versus the switch.)

For some reason, when they drew the wiring diagram, they drew the motor as a rectangle and the switch as round. But they are labeled. According to the diagrams (for all three versions - Mk 1, MK 1A, and Mk II) the "hot" green wire (from the fuse box) goes to the motor first. The diagram shows it landing on terminal 1. On the motor, the wire on terminal 2 is the red with a light green tracer. From terminal 2, it goes to spade 7 on the wiper switch. On the motor, the wire on terminal 3 is the brown with a light green tracer and it goes to spade 3 on the switch.

I hope this helps and good luck in getting your car back together.
I connected it per the above and its working fine. Now for the turn signals...
Thanks for all the help, Oj
Old 04-09-2018, 04:46 PM
Unobtanium Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Cool Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojxxx View Post
Background tunes of choice would be either 'Mountain, New Years concert at the Filmore' or 'The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Live' at full volume. Working on one of these things is not for the easy listeners!
Try the 'Black & White Night' w/Roy Orbison & some friends
Old 04-09-2018, 04:52 PM
Member of C.A.T.

Default GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojxxx View Post
I connected it per the above and its working fine. Now for the turn signals...
Thanks for all the help, Oj
Oj,

Glad it all worked out for you. Good luck with the turn signals.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCat View Post
Oj,

Glad it all worked out for you. Good luck with the turn signals.
I have the turn signals working! I used the mechanical switch part from a Triumph? as it had the same casting number on the original base plate that was broken. I had to make a horn contact arm mount but it all worked out, self cancelling and everything!
There is a mess of little moving parts and springs and stuff in them switches, a fella might think they are overly complicated.
The odd part is the pigtails I wound up with has male to male bullet connectors for 2 of the wires, I have alligator jumpers on them to troubleshoot and will make a female to female connector patch, 2-3" long so all of the original connectors are undisturbed.
The original steering wheel is gone and I had to make all the horn actuating stuff and 'paddles' at 4 & 8 o'clock to make the horn toot. Looks good but I'm told to replace the steering wheel for smaller diameter, dunno if my horn stuff will go to the new wheel. Oh well.
Thanks again for the good cheer and help, Oj