Autometer 8000rpm Tiger Tach

dstephns

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi everyone.
I bought an autometer 8000rpm Tiger Tach a while back and for the life of me
I can't find my hookup instructions. Stock ignition. Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction on how to hook this thing up properly? Got the car repainted and a little work on the interior and body. Finally looking pretty good.
Getting ready for driving season here in AZ.
Thanks
Dave

whiskytangofoxtrot

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hopefully its got standard Autometer colors, if so
Green Negative side of the coil
white- Dash light positive
red-fused to ignition or battery
Black - Ground

dstephns

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hopefully its got standard Autometer colors, if so
Green Negative side of the coil
white- Dash light positive
red-fused to ignition or battery
Black - Ground

Ahh, thank you very much! I remember the colors, just needed to be sure what went where. Thanks again.
Dave

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Dave...

If it's the Autometer 8k tach like I ( and others ) used to convert to the Tiger look there are only 2 wires for the lamp and three spade terminals ... pic below..

The white wire can tie into the dash lighting daisy chained RED/white stripe wire with the other gauges...

The black wire can be joined to the daisy chained black gauge ground wires ( or attached to the body )... the neg. terminal on the back of the tach can be connected to that also

There is a green wire in the stock harness that ran to the 'old' tach which is 'key hot' 12v and can be connected to the 12v terminal on the tach

You will need to run a NEW wire from the ign. terminal on the tach to the neg. side of the stock coil