Just got another Tiger

Warren

Gold forum user
Unfortunately it's a bicycle ;)

For those interested the Schwinn Tiger was an entry level bike of the time with no bells and whistles no horn tank no chrome fenders chrome rack crash rail seat.

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_123622165_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171027_123622165_HDR.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20171027_123628799_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171027_123628799_HDR.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 157

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cool Bike

Warren,

Cool bike - thanks for sharing. What is the time frame of "the time" you stated in your post? Something from the 60s or 70s?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Need to get the optional LAT pedals... :D ..

Given its a black frame did it originally have a scarlett seat with black piping? Did it have wooden handle bar grips originally?

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just wonder... if that was what the ‘Tiger’ version looked like, what was the ‘Cobra’ of the day??? Helicopter attachment? Bazooka launcher?
-Kevin

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just wonder... if that was what the ‘Tiger’ version looked like, what was the ‘Cobra’ of the day??? Helicopter attachment? Bazooka launcher?
-Kevin

What he really should check is that its actually a tiger frame and not a MontBlanc frame that has been rebadged ;)

Warren

Gold forum user

I had 14 bicycles at one time. All post war as the prewar bikes were more expensive.
Schwinn dealers were a lot like Rootes dealers so the pictures that Gary has put in that listing weren't always how they were delivered or assembled. I had Panthers Jaguars as well which were Delux bikes.
My favorite was my dad had a Wasp balloon paperboy bike. It was extra heavy duty and he would sit on the handlebars and ride it while facing backwards.
I'm down to 3 bikes now. There's a Corvette too that's cool. These middleweight bikes were between the skinny English tires and the old school balloon tires. They are a lot of fun especially on the bike path that runs between Santa Monica and Torrance beach my yout stomping ground. Oh and yes I have a set of original pedals for it that don't have reflectors in them. I also I have an old family Stingray. Lots of collectibles have suffered I remember ten or fifteen years ago a 1964 date code stamp Stingray with all the right stuff was a $4,000 bicycle..
One of the most sought-after is a Schwinn Aero Cycle.
When I bought an Alpine lately there was a frame seatpost front forks of a Monark Silver King . I graciously offered to pay full price for the Alpine of 1750 cause the unknowing seller threw in the bicycle for free. I went home and put it on the classic and antique bicycle exchange, what a pick ;)

1fineAlpine

Silver forum user
Ha!

That's funny. I was just looking at a black Schwinn Tiger two days ago on Craigslist for $100. I have a small collection of vintage Schwinn bikes. Totally thought of a Sunbeam when I saw it.

Warren

Gold forum user
Tiger only

It's my personal opinion that what brings us together is common interests.
I have slightly bent the rules with this post with the intent of content enhancement and a good place to go online aside from Fakebook.
Good to hear from you Kyle..