Toploader parts & Slip Yoke Supplier

UKTiger2

New forum user
Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me in my search for a slip yoke for my MK2 Tiger?

There is nothing available here in the UK at this time so I need to buy one in from the States. The bush in the gearbox tail housing requires replacing so it makes sense to replace the slip yoke at the same time. Whilst the engine & gearbox are out I will replace the gearbox bearings etc.

My initial contact was with David Kee Toploader Transmissions Inc. He has a rebuild kit for the gearbox but he has no slip yokes at present.

It makes sense for me to buy both from the same supplier. Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier in the States who may be able to help?

I would appreciate any help or advice you can give on this.

Many thanks & all the best,

Martin

Cal44

Gold forum user
Martin,

try Dan Williams top loaders. http://www.toploadertransmissions.com/

Don't let the slip yoke give you the slip. Many people pay little or no attention to the slip yoke, they can and do wear.
Is yours in bad shape? When you put in new Spicer Ujoints and get a balance on the drive shaft the boys can usually fix a the slip joint, unless rust or exterior wear has gone too far.

There are after market joints as Ford no longer makes those, at least that is what the guys told me at the shop. I would be interested too hear others chime in.

Mike

UKTiger2

New forum user
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Basically the bush has spun in the tail housing wearing both the housing & the yoke. I am currently having the housing repaired by a friend who works at Cosworth but the yoke has worn. I guess after 45 years you can't complain!

I'll take a look at the website you have mentioned & give them a call on Monday to see if they can help.

Thanks once again.

All the best,

martin.

Cal44

Gold forum user
Martin,

Off hand I don't know what the spline count is on '64 thru '67 top loaders. Since these transmissions are very popular in the States I reckon you won't have much of a problem sourcing one. Even if you need to pay separate for post.

I think Spicer make them as well. Keep us in the loop.

Mike

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The yokes on us

I keep a couple handy if your web searches don't pan out. Thx for keeping em' runnin', randy W

UKTiger2

New forum user
Sorted!

Thanks for your help with this. I have now located a Dana Spicer slip yoke & Toploader rebuild kit with heavyduty SKF bearings. All being well they will be with me by Wednesday this week.

Sourced from www.thegearbox.org - great communication from them & nice guys to speak to.

If I can ever help with sourcing something from the UK just drop me a line.

Thanks once again.

Martin.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
For the Future

FYI: A lot of the driveline parts on the little foggy island and the continent are found listed under Hardy Spicer. Many times people do not realize they have what we look for because of the name change. rw