Informe sobre el viaje a Chile en noviembre.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Report on our trip to Chile in November.

CAT es un Club Internacional! Tenemos miembros de 14 nacionalidades distintas de los EE.UU.. Chile es el hogar de la familia de un solo miembro. Alfredo Gerhard and his wife Erica are enthusiastic and generous owners of a beautifully restored Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A painted Ferrari red. Alfredo Gerhard y su esposa, Erica son entusiastas y generosos en propietarios de un bellamente restaurado Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A pintado de rojo Ferrari.

C.A.T. is an International Club! We have Members with 14 Nationalities other than the USA. Chile is home to only one member family. Alfredo Gerhard and his wife Erica are enthusiastic and generous owners of a beautifully restored Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A painted Ferrari red.

En noviembre, Bonnie y yo fuimos de vacaciones a Chile y Argentina. Empezamos y terminamos nuestro viaje en Santiago. Antes de salir de casa se estableció contacto con el Sr. Gerhard. El momento era bueno y pudimos llevar tomar una parte que necesitaba para su Tiger CAT de las partes. Erica Alfredo y se reunió con nosotros en nuestros alojamientos en Santiago y nos hospedaron en una unidad a la ciudad puerto de Valparaíso y nos mantuvo ocupado y bien alimentados hasta tarde por la noche.

During November, Bonnie and I went on holiday to Chile and Argentina. We started and ended our trip in Santiago. Before we left home we contacted Mr. Gerhard. The timing was good and we were able bring a part he needed for his Tiger from CAT Parts. Alfredo and Erica met us at our accomodations in Santiago and hosted us on a drive to the port city Valparaiso and kept us busy and well fed until late in the evening.

Destacados fueron muchas y un solo estaba mirando el Tigre y teniendo por un corto trayecto en coche. Las fotos de abajo lo dicen todo acerca de la calidad y magníficos detalles. Información no se desprende de las fotografías incluyen una Motorsport Ford 302 y Tremec de 5 velocidades instalado. Nota la ubicación de la palanca de cambios se centraron en el túnel. Me pareció mejor que el pasado T5, he conducido con la rotación de cambio y de la vivienda que permite que la palanca de cambios en el saldo. Más espacio para la pierna derecha del conductor también.

Highlights were plenty and but one was checking out the Tiger and taking it for a short drive. The photos below say it all about the quality and gorgeous detailing. Information not apparent from the photos include a Ford Motorsport 302 and Tremec 5 speed installed. Note the shifter location centered on the tunnel. I found it shifted better than the T5's I have driven with the rotated shifter and housing that allows the shifter in the stock position. More room for the driver's right leg too.

Para aumentar la capacidad de refrigeración de este Tigre tiene un radiador auxiliar pequeña, una base del calentador, montado bajo a la izquierda detrás de la cenefa frontal. Plumbing está conectado desde el calentador de tubos y la manguera es visible en la foto del motor. El alero soportes de montaje son también únicos . Empernar en en la parte delantera de la primavera hasta el perno. No como uno de los soportes delanteros opción de LAT que se suelde en el cuerpo o el perno (sujetos al suelo alrededor) la parte delantera de la ballesta. Ver la foto.

To increase cooling capacity this Tiger has a small auxillary radiator, a heater core, mounted low left behind the front valance. Plumbing is connected from the heater hoses and the hose is visable in the photo of the engine. The forward mounting brackets (Traction Masters) were also unique. Bolting on at the front of the spring through bolt. Not like either of the LAT option front mountings which were weld on to the body or bolt on (clamped around) the forward portion of the leaf spring. See the photo.

Rick & Bonnie

Attachments

• f Rick Alfredo Bonnie.jpg
    f Rick Alfredo Bonnie.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 636
  • f Valipariso view.jpg
    f Valipariso view.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 594
  • fChile09_0338.jpg
    fChile09_0338.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 610
  • fChile09_0391.jpg
    fChile09_0391.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 603
  • fChile09_0393.jpg
    fChile09_0393.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 622
  • fChile09_0396.jpg
    fChile09_0396.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,779
  • fChile09_0402.jpg
    fChile09_0402.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 618
  • fChile09_0414.jpg
    fChile09_0414.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 620
  • fChile09_0417.jpg
    fChile09_0417.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 602
  • fChile09_0435.jpg
    fChile09_0435.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Antique Automobile Club of Chile

Alfredo Gerhard is also a Member of the Antique Automobile Club of Chile. Or Club de Automoviles Antiguas de Chile in Spanish.

Bonnie and I were given a brass badge of the Chilean Club by Alfredo. I scanned the badge to share with our friends on the Forum. Click on the Thumbnail image below to view full size.

Rick

Attachments

• Club De Chile 09.jpg
    Club De Chile 09.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 507

segrave

Gold forum user
Staff member
CAT Member
I hope the lone Tiger in Chile didn't get crushed. How are your friends and their car ?

Steve

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
RE: terremoto

This received Monday from Alfredo, no mention of damage to the Chilean Tiger.:)

translated by google:

Hi Rick and Bonnie, thank you very much for your mail, we are well on the house also (Alfredo is referring to home of other friends of ours in Santiago who did not have significant damage.), alone in the office the heavens have collapsed (ceilings fall down) and spent all day cleaning and a few minutes ago recently I have Internet again, all products in the warehouse collapsed, translation not reliable from Google after this but we think he was insured for the office/warehouse damages?
A big hug for you and Rick, greetings Alfred

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
restaurar el hardtop del Tiger

Just got this message and a photo from Alfredo:

Queridos Bonnie y Rick , he terminado de restaurar el hardtop del Tiger y adjunto esta la foto .

Esperando que esten muy bien , cariños y un abrazo, Alfredo Gerhard

Dear Bonnie and Rick, I have finished restoring the hardtop of the Tiger and attached the photo.

Hope you're well, love and a hug, Alfredo Gerhard