Brake pedal

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I'm not sure if it is because of my big foot/shoes or another issue but when depressing the gas pedal my right foot rubbed on the brake pedal, sometimes even depressing it slightly. Today I had enough and took the pedal out, heated it up and bent it over about a half of an inch - much better. Still plenty of room between the clutch and brake and my foot easily does the gas pedal with no interference. My fun Tiger project of the day........

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You're not alone

I can't drive the Tiger is tennis shoes- they flare out a little at the bottom and I sometimes catch part of the brake pedal- I have to wear shoes with a sole that is no wider than the uppers...

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had the same issue- but I raised the brake pedal to the second adjusting pin.now the clutch pedal sits below the brake and throttle.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Good to see I was not the only one. A friend said he bought a set of Simpson Racing shoes and wears those, I guess that's one way to deal with it. :)

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I do the yuppie minimalist running shoe thing or simply take my right shoe off. Like a hillbilly I wear flip-flops or go barefoot most of the time during the summer anyway...
I rember that a pedal adjustment was one of the things they did to the Tiger that appeared on Phantom Works. Must be something to it!
-Kevin

steven

Gold forum user
When you are converting a LHD Tiger to a RHD, I massage the pedals to fit the tunnel. So I am sure if you massage the levers left or right, it will be fine

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Small Feet ??

Although blessed with size 9/10 -ish for my height, the crew still gets chuckles when I remove my right shoe for piloting either the Tigers or Cobras. The pedal set-ups are definitely not ergonomic . . . .

Warren

Gold forum user
Narrow shoe

Some indoor soccer or sport specific shoes are fine even considered a wrestling shoe. Unfortunately they are tough to walk in

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The guy who owned my Tiger previously must have had a second pedal, cut the shafts of both pedals, with an overlap, and bolted the spare pedal shaft to the car shaft, with a spacer, to move it left. I have size 12 shoes, and it gives enough space. However, now it is getting difficult to push down, as it seems to be binding. I think it is twisting too much. I am going to take it apart and lube everything to see if that helps. I may have to go back to stock, or a different modification. You're right about the soles of most running shoes coming out too far. Is the Alpine clutch pedal the same as the Tiger?

Ron

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not The Same

The guy who owned my Tiger previously must have had a second pedal, cut the shafts of both pedals, with an overlap, and bolted the spare pedal shaft to the car shaft, with a spacer, to move it left. I have size 12 shoes, and it gives enough space. However, now it is getting difficult to push down, as it seems to be binding. I think it is twisting too much. I am going to take it apart and lube everything to see if that helps. I may have to go back to stock, or a different modification. You're right about the soles of most running shoes coming out too far. Is the Alpine clutch pedal the same as the Tiger?

Ron

Tiger brake pedals (LHD) are bent different on purpose, so a spare Alpine pedal would need to be modified. I do not heat the drawn steel but "cold" bend them in the press in order to gain 1/2" - 3/4" of additional foot space. I have one big foot fella we also changed to the later small pads for him.

gyroplanes

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I also have pedal problems

I'm glad this thread was started, cause I was going to ask the same questions. My latest F150 (2007) must have a pedal change because now I hit the brake and also collect some gas pedal. The forward lunge is breathtaking and caused me to hit a fellow F150's rear bumper. I don't want this action on my Tiger too.
Thanks