LAT 9 Center Cap Project

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Members

I am considering another run on this popular project. Projected cost is $27 each. These are C&C machined pieces. Some CAT members have bought these from me and I would appreciate your input. I think these were fantastic. I need to know ASAP as my machinist is willing to make a batch.

Dave Green
3 Tigers 10 Alpines

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Members

I am considering another run on this popular project. Projected cost is $27 each. These are C&C machined pieces. Some CAT members have bought these from me and I would appreciate your input. I think these were fantastic. I need to know ASAP as my machinist is willing to make a batch.

Dave Green
3 Tigers 10 Alpines
Dave.. Iirc you did some to fit panasports wheels too...or am i just wishing???

Warren

Gold forum user
How many

There's a vendor who's made a whole reproduction pie . I'm wondering how yours get attached and if you could loose one​. Maybe expanding the size to a horn button may be a cool item.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Caps

I have a set of these cap made by Dave, these can be fitted without too much trouble with the aid of a machinist friend. A small shaft of close tolerances is attached to the base of the cap and a groove cut inside to accommodate a thick "O" ring. This is the same way that the Halibrand three ear knock-offs are attached to new wheels. Mine are going on a set of new Dunlops :)
Brian

Warren

Gold forum user
Cool

Brian thanks,

Dave it's cool that you are willing to do such small scale you're grandfathered in here for those who may be wondering when does one become a sponsoring vendor.

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Michael,

Yes I can do the Panasport inserts. Probably same price each. There are at least 2 different sizes 2" and 2 1/4. I can do both but will need a minimum of 30 for each size.

Warren,
My feeling was to either weld them back on or tap a threaded hole in cap and use a washer and machine screw to hold them in.
The whole project came from my acquiring a set of LAT 9,s with out the centers on wife #65 in production Tiger.

Brian,
Thank you much for your input. They are very high quality in my opinion. Tiger Tom is also to thank as I used one of his early designed caps some member sent me for the pattern. So THANKS TOM!

Dave

Doug C

Gold forum user
Caps

BUMP.

Just a reminder that to get these caps produced a total of 30 pieces ordered, so far only 15 are committed for.

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
All I have only 15 committed for the LAT 9 center cap project.
For the Panasport 2" I have only 4
For the Panasport 2 1/4" 12.

For each of these projects I need a minimum of 30 pieces. If you want a set or even 1 for a desk ornament now is the time to commit!

Dave Green
alpdavegre@msn.com

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have 23 LAT 9 caps committed. Now is the time to place your order. I need a minimum of 30 to do this project and it may never be done again. Let me know ASAP!

Dave Green
alpdavegre@msn.com

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Here are some pictures of the finished project.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 144

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
LAT 9 Project a go!

Tiger owners
I have enough orders to do the project. If you have expressed interest please contact me about payment. $30 each including shipping to US. If you are interested in this project please contact me. Yhis may be the last time I run the project.
Dave Green
CAT member
10 Alpines,3 Tigers
alpdavegre@msn.com :------

Beamin Dave

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
LAT 9 centers

Project is done. I have a few left so if you are interested contact me.

Dave Green