New Mark II Oil/Filter Hose Sets

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Everybody,

Lynn Wall is having some trouble posting so he asked me to post this for him:

New Mark II oil filter/cooler hose sets.

A friend of mine asked me to help return his Tiger Mark II back to stock, or at least to a point that was practically feasible. He did not have any of the original oil cooler/adapter hoses. So with the help of several members of the Tiger community I sourced an original set and began the extremely long process of making as exacting reproductions as possible. It has taken over a year, but I am quite pleased with the final results. Please see the attached pictures. For those who can’t identify the differences, let me point them out to save you some time. The crimp collars on the original hoses have a rounded shoulder. We tried to duplicate this using several methods. We always got close, but the final product was not good and it changed the integrity of the collars. We checked all over and could not find collars with the rounded shoulders. The crimps on the sleeves are very close, some of the hoses have a different style crimp that allows it to be closer than the others. It takes a lot of patience to replicate a look that was done via a different method. Other than these differences they are right on the money; hose material, plating, etc. The crimps have been tested to 1500 PSI.

I made a total run of 20 and have six sets left. This was such an onerous task that I seriously doubt the manufacturers would be willing to undertake another run. Yes, I said manufacturers as in “more than one”. It took three companies across the US to pull this off. I know I will not be doing another run. I have lots of references that have seen and purchased the hose sets and they have been installed on at least one car to date so feel free to ask. Several of the buyers are restorers that plan on installing them on their customer’s cars.

I am selling them for $550 each, plus shipping. This is for all three hoses. You can contact me at cars@wt-inc.com or call me at 435-565-0252

You can now complete that gorgeous restoration with modern hoses rather than using 50 year old hoses or cutting and welding your original metal parts onto new rubber and fittings.

Attachments

• Hoses 1.JPG
    Hoses 1.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Hoses 2.jpg
    Hoses 2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Hoses 3.jpg
    Hoses 3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Hoses 4.jpg
    Hoses 4.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 277

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
mk2 hoses

I just got my set and I think they are fantastic.

I had a mk2 that came without any of the oil hoses and now I'm set.

This project probably aged Lynn 10 years but my car and I appreciate it.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Are They Close to Stock?

Bob,

Getting oil filter hoses that look close to original (stock) is very important. Do these appear pretty close to original? Getting a set that looks like original is certainly worth the extra money.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
hoses

Yep, these are nice.

I know that a couple of the mk2 experts have checked them out and were really impressed.

Even the texture of the hoses themselves look correct.

Presently my car has one of those shorty filters and an uninstalled mk2 oil cooler.

Just to wrap up the glowing review here he also included a couple of heavy duty heat shrink collars so the hose can be reinforced where it passes through the radiator support on the way to and from the cooler.

All of Lynn's agony is really paying off for me.

kenmat

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Oil Filter Hoses

Any chance you would make the two oil filter hoses for an early MK 1???
Might even be willing to finance the project...
Regards,
Ken Mattice
(214) 856 5124

Warren

Gold forum user
Sean

Up in Oregon makes a set. Have not seen them but his reputation is very good. Email me and I will send his contact info. for MK2 lines

Warren

Gold forum user
Listed on eBay

Sean has been a client of mine on the air filter housing's and been a good guy to deal with.