Progress

steven

Gold forum user
I bought my Tiger as a wreck (accident damage ) in 2011. It has been a long time however today was a major event for me. I am working on it when I can. Had major problems with faulty crimping of the wiring for the car. Have pulled the dash down, reconnected all the terminals and today, after checking everything, I connected a battery, and the starter turned the engine over. The first movement of this wonderful machine since 1986. WOW am now motivated to complete the restore.

steven

Gold forum user
Further progress on Boxing day the engine started and ran for the very first time. After 5 minutes I shut it down, fire low on the right side. Found it was a leak from the valve covers. the longer bolts supplied for the higher valve covers were not sealing. Oil was dropping onto the headers. I think I have fixed that.
Next was brakes, done an dusted. The brembo's on the front and Mazda' on the back have pressure. The clutch was a bugger I am using silicon fluid and I had a problem with leaking at the slave, took it out (not fun) and returned it to the repair place. Got it back, fitted it (not fun) and leaking again. Crap.
The repair place used dot 4 fluid to rebuild the slave, I am using DOT 5
When I tried to bleed the silicon mett the dot 4 and crap happened,
Took it all apart again, cleaned it all and now my beast has brakes and a clutch
So now I am happy and having a beer

steven

Gold forum user
Here I am on the 30th december 2018. After a very long journey, my Tiger starts, idles and runes. Now to check brakes again, finish interior and minor fixes to do. So this tiger that last ran in the 80"s is ready to roar again. It has been a long and sometimes frustating journey I am so happy that after spending a lot of money to have a mechanic fix the idle problem, he said vacumm and its was a faulty new dizzie. I am very happy

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sounds like the great beginning of the new year! Post some photos, Happy New Year, Cliff

Doug C

Gold forum user
Steve, love reading about your cars pending compleation and getting it back on the road. My car has been off the road so I’ve the early 70’s and I be been worked on for the last 4plus years. Hopefully 2019 will be the year it gets done.

Cheers and Happy New Year

steven

Gold forum user
Ok for 2021 it is 10 years from the start to now. Tomorrow my Tiger gets to be inspected for its RWC (safety certificic ) the prelude to registration. If all goes to plan I will post pictures of my dream machine. 😁

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ok for 2021 it is 10 years from the start to now. Tomorrow my Tiger gets to be inspected for its RWC (safety certificic ) the prelude to registration. If all goes to plan I will post pictures of my dream machine. 😁
Steven,
Good luck with your RWC (Road Worthy Certificate?) tomorrow.

David