Interesting hipo 289 W/ SC FS

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry mods, it sells at mecum this coming week, so I posted here. I've no affiliation.

Same collection that the orchid green MKII is being sold from.

PITT40

Gold forum user
Has anyone put a Paxton on a Tiger? I'm skeptical that there is adequate hood clearance. I've never seen one, but I am thinking of it since I'm not using the stock oil filter setup.

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Paxton

I thought and thought about it, and even bought an old McCullough unit to use for a mock up, but couldn't find anywhere to put it that wouldn't result in having a very unsightly bulge in the hood, and the drive pulleys looked like they would be a real problem as well. Then I decided I didn't really need it, anyway.
Bob K.
B9471705

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It fits

Yes, it has been done. I have actually seen it on a member's Tiger about 10 years ago. IIRC he used a remote oil filter and converted to an alternator and moved it to the driver's side to make room for the supercharger on the passenger side. I don't remember if he used an electric fan. What was stunning was that the entire setup fit under a stock hood!

Gary

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bob( McDowell?) in the UK has a supercharger setup on his tiger that doesn't require bonnet buldges and scoops... Quite tight in the engine bay .. More so than normal!!

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Back in the 80's there was a Tiger at TU that had a Boss 302 that was turbo charged. He placed the turbo in the rt ft and it didn't look too bad. I bet it went like stink.... :)

mythirdtiger

New forum user
CAT Member
Turbo boss 302 tiger

I have some pictures of that Boss 302 tiger that was at the TU in the 80s. The hood was modified for turbo and carb clearance. It had wide modified flares and big meats. If anyone is interested, I will find and post.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Supercharged hipo

Has anyone looked into using a Kenny Bell blower, it should fit under the hood without modification. At 8psi it turns a sbf Mustang into supercar performance.