Steering Wheel nut thread count?

Tim Gibbs

Bronze forum user
I am installing an after market steering wheel on my MK1A Tiger. The stock nut from original steering wheel is not an option due to horn assembly of the new wheel. I am forced to use the larger diameter thread to attach the wheel. Does anyone know the size and thread of this. I thought it looked like 5/8 fine thread....but, it is touch bigger then this.....

If you have an idea I thought I would try Fasten Some here locally..

Thanks.... Tim Gibbs....

P.s. my three year rebuild is very.....very....close... hope to drive to get aligned next week,,,,preforming a rebuild check list this weekend with a friend. I need another set of eyes that has touched every bolt on the car!

eagleman1022

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Steering wheel threads

Tim, did you ever find out what the specs were for the steering wheel nut threads?

Tim Gibbs

Bronze forum user
No thread count or Size yet

I have not found the nut size or count as of yet. I am calling the seller of the steering wheel and mounting hub today. He seemed knowledgeable of his products when I bought it several months ago.

I visited local Fasten All store with measurements from my digital caliper and they thought it was not a common size and could be a one off creation for this purpose and not available.

I should know more later today...... I'll post the results of the conversation with the steering wheel supplier....he should of heard the same thing from everyone else he sold these too,,,,,,

Thanks Tim