Tiger Wheel/Tire Combo

Chris Major

Silver forum user
I have a 66 Resto Mod projet I'm looking at and want to run larger wheels w/wider tires. Read an article on putting larger wheel/tires on 65 Tiger:

They ran a set of Superlite wheels, sized 15x6 inches up front (24mm offset) and 15x7 inches in the rear (25mm offset) w/a set of Dunlop Z1 tires 195/55R15 all around "nearly" stock wheel wells.

Anyone have experience w/his upgrade and if they have had to adjust wheel lip and valance (on finished car) to be "nearly" stock?

I'm looking at PSE S/C style wheels.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Major

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Chris,

Marks car runs the combo of panasports that Dale A sells, PSE also make 15x6 front and 15x7 rear wheels in the HSC55 style that fit tigers and run the correct offset.

You should be fine on the rear, just watch out the sidewall doesnt touch the pinch on the lip under hard cornering (oir if the car is sitting low) the front you might want to trim the front valence a little and would be worth rulling the pinch on the lip to avoid any contact.

the sizes you are talking about are now comon on many tigers

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I am running 15x6 and 7 with 205/50 and 225/50 with NO rub issues at all. I believe this is the same size I ran on my last Tiger, Cleo Shelby's red Tiger.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Valence Trimmings

Photo shows 15 X 6's running 50 Series Tyres on an incomplete MK II. The valence was trimmed 3/4" at the normal contact point just in case.

cmjr1966

Bronze forum user
PSE 15" wheels

I bought a set of PSE's off this Ebay auction(see pics), I already had a set just like it. 15x7 with 4.5" backspace. The Ebay wheels were advertised as 4" backspace and frankly the price was too good to pass up. My thoughts were if the 4.5's rubbed, maybe the 4.0"s wouldn't. The tires were made in 94(DOT numbers) and the seller said they were on the car when he bought it. This car was kicked around in earlier posts when it was wearing the PSE's and after when the seller pulled them off and sold them separately. In talking with the seller they didn't rub on the front, tires are 205-50-15's, Goodyear Eagles. First thing I looked for when I got them was scuff marks...any marks on the inside's of the tires or rims, they are spotless. I don't know if the car had been modifyed to take these tires and more importantly when I got them they were 4.5" backspace and not 4", basically I have 2 sets now, these and a set unmounted. Here are the pics the owner posted on Ebay with the wheels on the car in question and unmounted.
pse_wheel.jpg

KGrHqUOKi8E4MSf_sTGBOLLgyPs5Q_12.jpg

Chris Major

Silver forum user
Thanks to eveyone. Phil at PSE confirmed that 15x6 x 3.75" back space and 15x7x4" backspace is what het typically puts on Tigers.