My cats ran away

pinecat

Bronze forum user
Hi everyone,
My center cap cats ran off and I'm looking to make some new ones. If anyone has an LAT 9 wheel and would be up for making me a clay impression of the tiger center piece, I'd be happy to send you some non toxic oven bakeable clay and a fee for your time.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to reproduce them, I'm all ears ^..^

(There is still a small lip in there which I can use to attach something from the back side.)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
About 5 or so years ago a member in CA made up some alloy LAT 9 centers and was selling them. I will contact him and let you know if he has any left or still has the mold. Eric

Warren

Gold forum user
Paul

Scofield has a set. I recently used some air dry light weight stuff at Michael's a crafting store chain . The aforementioned cap project is hiding in old thread on CAT forum .

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Centre caps

There was a guy named Dave Green I think, who several years back was making CNC machined Tiger center caps for these wheels. Someone on the forum here may know him or his contact info.
Brian

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
3D printers are getting more popular, maybe try and find someone with one, I used to have access to one and you can make almost anything on them.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Center caps

Yes, the guy who was making the center caps is Dave Green, he's from Arizona and a CAT member, contact info in the club roster.
I hope that helps get that wheel back on! :)
Brian

Doug C

Gold forum user
Yes, the guy who was making the center caps is Dave Green, he's from Arizona and a CAT member, contact info in the club roster.
I hope that helps get that wheel back on! :) Brian

Anybody know what the size of the center hole is as I'd like to used the same caps for the wheels that I am putting on my Tiger. Much appreciated - Doug

Doug C

Gold forum user
Answered my own question - now I need to know which LAT cap will fit.

ANY help or guidance would be welcomed. I'd rather not use Shelby caps.

Thanks - Doug