The Soft Top Clamp Striker Plate - Alpine 3-5 / Tiger

steven

Gold forum user
Any one have a supplier with better ones than the origional crap pot metal. I had my origionals chrome plated and one broke when the clamp was clamped on. I have had no luck with the tradional suppliers. Also can the moderators have a spelling check added to this option.

Warren

Gold forum user
No repop n Spel check :)

Has not been the need with the abundance of donor Alpine. If your top is that tight it take a little sun time to warm it up. That's the peril of leaving a top down for extended time.

Very long ago I looked at the available V bulletin upgrades. Just like our old cars the guys prefer the current version. I don't recall seeing a spell check but my sometimes smart phone does a reasonable job. When on laptop I cross check or simply type in a email then copy n paste to forum. At least that's what I do when Mrs. is not within ear shot.

steven

Gold forum user
Maybe I got it wrong , the top was not fitted, no pressure on the clamps of the front rail it just broke. no response from anyone a major component and no hints of a supplier

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
CAUTIONARY Repro tale

I have seen and returned several owner supplied repros that DO NOT have the necessary forward 'pocket' cast or formed into the latch. This makes the unit just about impossible to latch. If the front face of the latch portion runs flat, send it back unless you want to reform it and re-chrome. Just sayin'