Road America Vintage Races

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
I really enjoyed the "Hawk" Vintage Racing at Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI, this weekend.

three Tigers were at the track, including one of the rare LeMans Tigers. The LeMans Tiger practiced but did not race. It did win a trophy, however. I never thought I would have the opportunity to be up close to one of these great cars!

by the way, I drove my Tiger to the races - 582 miles one way! Altogether I drove over 1300 miles over and back and around the area.

from sunny South Dakota, Pete

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the images, the LM is the recently sold "mule" the prototype for the 8 & 9 racers. Car had been for sake at fiskens in the UK since last years LM classic.

Think the green car is Steve S, who also owns the ex-art firmes tiger, not sure about the red car.

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
The green #13 is owned/driven by John Daniels of Minneapolis. He ran very well, finished with the best time in VBP and 10th overall in the group. A very good showing!

The red #09 car was driven by Charles Giapinski of Delafield, WI. He finished 23rd overall.

The green LeMans car is now owned by Adam Lindemann, Heritage Motorsports, New York. He did not run in the feature race.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Thanks for the report, good pics too. I love the flares on the red car, my kinda guy..haha. Looks like they had good weather, you never know this time of year as we were there last year right now and experienced rain, humidity and sun.

SouthDakotaTiger

Bronze forum user
Thanks for the report, good pics too. I love the flares on the red car, my kinda guy..haha. Looks like they had good weather, you never know this time of year as we were there last year right now and experienced rain, humidity and sun.

The weather was typical for WI at this time of year - hot and humid. A storm came through about 6:30 Saturday morning - rain and high winds that blew over awnings and tents, including that of John Daniels. Pete

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Welcome to Adam Lindemann

I'm familiar, only from very afar, in a number of his extensive automobile, art and even automobile art car collections...

Neat to see his new acquisition in our marque and wondering if there is any other background for his interest with Sunbeams? Definitely has British marque background with Jaguars, so a Le Mans coupe seems to create a nice segue...

I do hope the car makes its way (back) out to Monterey again...

Ex-LeMans Jaguar at MM, Derek Bell driven

tundratiger67

Bronze forum user
Road America July 2016

Hello Pete, et. al.

Will you be attending The Hawk at Road America again this year? If so, let me know or send me a PM. I'll be there with my oldest son and the Tiger, of course.

Looking forward to another great vintage racing event!

Cheers!

Randy Z. now in River Falls, WI.