Wanted: 260 dip stick and tube

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
repops avail

I believe we had to modify bend and/or make a cut for length. But, please let us know what (other) differences may exist?

Stick handle can differ as well, careful bending it.

Scott Drake link

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
DD obtuseness

Sorry Paul, I can see that's vague.

Re: tube. I purchased this tube. RGD installed it. I am unsure if tube required any type of bending or other manipulation in order to serve tiger "specific" location in bay. There was, I recall, some consideration of where the top of the tube finally located next to generator. In my case, it exits just forward of generator. So, please study or ask another.

Re: stick. Definitely needs the tiger bend above the "stopper" cup and below handle loop to ensure correct appearance and clear mace under the hood, as the other applications (mustang, fairmont, etc have more room to hood and are not bent. Also note that I have seen differing loop handles.

Note: color. you can also choose between black and chrome for tube. For stick, bare metal or chrome. chrome was a LAT option along with the air cleaner (top piece only), oil cap etc. However, the tube color is an interesting question. I cannot help guide you. Consult BON, guru and or list for whether the tube would have been painted block color (black for early, blue for later?) or simply was unpainted. We went black to match my block (repainted).

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
Looking for an original. I know they are avail on the after market but this is for my original 260 and my my runner.

Warren

Gold forum user
Splained

RGD is Rootes Group Depot aka Bill Martin . I'd say he most likely beat a aftermarket part into a very reasonable look alike.

On the Tigers email list you can look up and search what others have done. It seems a sore subject as it's been repeated often.

Sorry Paul, I can see that's vague.

Re: tube. I purchased this tube. RGD installed it. I am unsure if tube required any type of bending or other manipulation in order to serve tiger "specific" location in bay. There was, I recall, some consideration of where the top of the tube finally located next to generator. In my case, it exits just forward of generator. So, please study or ask another.