Super nice S3 Alpine

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes the red piping on the seats is original.. this car was rebuilt to be a mint alpine with some nods to practicality.. after it was finished the owner decided to try and return it to as close to factory spec as possible (sadly not a good move to decide that after you finish) so the car has a few incorrect details on it (wrong spacing on rear seat pleats, and no push studs, black painted hinges on the rear hood box, it has a 1725 block.. though all parts attached to it are date date stamp correct factory parts.. even hose clamps etc.. things like the correct wiper heads, a 2.5 year search for the NOS parts) there are about 8 details on the car that are incorrect.. like the obvious 1725 block.. to the less obvious which you really need to know your stuff to spot... but an amazing car which i have had the pleasure to drive a couple of times.. really makes you appreciate the quaintness of a stock sunbeam.. even if i lean to more period modified myself.

As i had the chance to take some pics the other day though i'd share with the wider community.