fitting Mazda rear brakes

steven

Gold forum user
I have been told there is a good article on fitting the rear mazda discs some years ago in the Cats Tales. Anyone know of it? I am having a bit of trouble mounting the calipers

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I am now undertaking what probably will be the last go over of my car and am thinking of the new 15" LAT wheels that Rick is making. This will allow larger brakes all round and I am interested in the options front and rear

A link to this Maxda note and any other articles would be helpful

steven

Gold forum user
I have my answer from Gary who provided his document on the Mazda rear brakes. If anyone wants it, pm and I will send it.

Regarding the fronts, I went with Pug brembo units that have the full install details on the STOC forum.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
With the change to 15" wheels are there other rear alternatives or is the Mazda enough

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
With the change to 15" wheels are there other rear alternatives or is the Mazda enough

The front brakes do the majority of the work, so depending on what you have on the front you should find an appropriate match for the rear.

Dale offers a kit using mustang rears , he used to use fiat x19 iirc Wildwood offer kits using their products with brackets etc .

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I made about 10 sets of rear brakes in the early 80's using front calipers, a custom hat type disc, and custom brackets. No handbrake however with the stock front calipers, and now I need the handbrake to keep the Authorities happy

Line lock is not allowed for an E-brake, but with a bit of work I could use separate spot calipers, or maybe easier just to get a new more modern system. Bigger wheels will allow me bigger brakes.

I already have a proportioning valve on a stock MC. My rear end is stock Tiger.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I'm running Porsche 914 rear calipers and rotors (11") on 14" wheels... e-brake lines up nicely too :cool:

Jim

I would like to meet up again this summer when I am over visiting my sister, and take a better look at your brakes. As I recall you have Porsche front brakes as well?

Robert