Compression Nuts

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK Guyzz: Just where do we source the elusive compression nut for the 5/16" fuel line connections. The nut and Farrel are the same for the SU pump adapter and the cross tube connections. Nothing 5/16" American std fits the threading?!?!
thx:confused::confused:

Warren

Gold forum user
Nutty question

Gents, when a item is placed in member only section only members can respond. I have moved this back and will resort to responding to the question with my favorite plumber's response "strip it on it'll hold till the check clears :)

I guess we should note that the crossover tube nut is different across the Alpine/Tiger production. I recall but I will look thru the piles and not throw any away.

Last edited:

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
The compression nut changed for the Series V and later Tigers. I found this out when I restored my Series III and tried to use a later crossover tube. I can't be certain when they changed, but know the Series V is always different.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Still Nutty

The compression nut changed for the Series V and later Tigers. I found this out when I restored my Series III and tried to use a later crossover tube. I can't be certain when they changed, but know the Series V is always different.

Yup: The later critters are a hefty BSF chunk-O-brass. The classic tube guys threw up their hands when I tried to explain that their inclusions with the fuel line kits would not do squat. Andrew & Malcolm have responded with a positive, so I'll wait to see what they send me. If correct, we'll add a big box of them to the shelf.