Voltage stabilzier

EvertonTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Guys
I've not had temp or fuel gauge working since the garage took off dash last year. Been running and checking temp of engine with I.r light gun when I got to work. Alright in cold climate of Germany. Now it's got hot, thirty plus decide to see what going on. Found the voltage regulator with L B and w / L which assume is live, earth and wireing loom.

I have all green wires. The wiring loom is a single green wire and the other two are mixture of green and black.

I'm thinking the voltage reg is broken so I have a solid state thing arrive with red, blue and black wire on but no instruction.

Any suggestions? How I check if old one is working. Anything else it can be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I bought a solid state unit from Moss Motors; instructions show B to power source and I (probably the same as L) to the gauges. This is also how it's wired per the shop manual and wiring diagrams. The positive wire should be green and the output to the gauges light green. I replaced my harness with one from Pete Almjeld so I don't have the stock colors. It grounds through the mounting bracket. I don't know how to test the old one but imagine giving it 12 volts and checking the output should tell you something. I hope this helps.

-Jon

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Test light

I have used a test light to hook up to the output it'll blink when ignition switch is on. When you get the temp gauge working you may need to add resistors to get the temp gauge to read properly with the thermistor temp sender.