Sunbeam Minx

Cal44

Gold forum user
Being from a Hilllman Minx family and friends with Sunbeam Rapiers growing up.............Sunbeam Minx?

I question if someone didn't apply the Sunbeam letters. It is astounding the lengths people will go too to have something different.

I prefer a Hillman Husky with a small block Ford V8, dropped an inch and half all around.

Mike

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Being from a Hilllman Minx family and friends with Sunbeam Rapiers growing up.............Sunbeam Minx?

I question if someone didn't apply the Sunbeam letters. It is astounding the lengths people will go too to have something different.

I prefer a Hillman Husky with a small block Ford V8, dropped an inch and half all around.

Mike

You mean like this one... ;)
http://www.whatsahillman.com/v8hillman.html

As far as I know, all Minxes in Canada ( series ones ) are badged as 'Sunbeams'

Jim
B382000446

Cal44

Gold forum user
Canada.............always has too be different ;)

yes, Husky with Ford............perfect. Nice work. Reminds me of something I can't do as I just went to the builders website............now I'm really depressed................

Mike

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
I had a SV Minx as the second car i owned. It was a 1600. I put flat top pistons in it , a high performance road cam, grifith intake, downdraft webber and extractors. Swaped the geaerbox out for a hunter box to get syncro in first. Car had widened rims with 195 on the front and 205 on the rear with chrome wheel trims. Painted it british racing green.
I used to gaze into that engine bay wondering how i could fit a v8 in there. Probably just as well i didn't.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Been ages since i had seen that project, i remember it frm the SAOCA site maybe 2-3 years back (maybe more?) I have always thought a minx of scepter with one of Jose's V6 ford 2.8/5 speed kits would be a blast... works in the alpine. There is a guy here in AU who is gogin to do the v6 to a husky