Throttle Cable

CLGTiger

Bronze forum user
Looking for throttle cable for Mk1A w/a 4 barrel. SS is out of stock.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Warren

Gold forum user
Bill Martin

Rootes group depot sell a heavier duty one. I have rehabbed one with a welding rod in the past.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Field Expedient Repairs

Looking for throttle cable for Mk1A w/a 4 barrel. SS is out of stock.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ergo; why most of us carry a metal coat hanger . . . . . . . ran with one for years no problem.

Roadpir8

Bronze forum user
Throttle Cable and Bracket by Lokar

I just picked these up for my car to go with my new Edelbrock 1406 carb. I haven't installed them yet... but both my mechanic and guy at local speed shop recommended both.

My throttle cable is worn out and the new bracket will give me better alignment on the carb than what is going on now with old bracket. The cable and cable housing can be cut to size, just make sure you remove cable when cutting the housing!!! There are videos on youtube of folks installing the Lokar cables on various vehicles.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Lokar Throttle Cable and Bracket.jpg
    Lokar Throttle Cable and Bracket.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 146

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have a brand new one in the package from SS, bought as a spare. $30 shipped?

-Jon

Warren

Gold forum user
Pedal stop

I haven't seen a lot of pedal stops on cars I was wondering if you were missing one.
I guess it's pretty easy to stomp on the accelerator thinking there's got to be more if I press harder then snap goes the cable.

A pal has asked me for this original one, just because he wants to know am I mashing hard enough on my pedal is it really floored:)

When I got my Falcon 6 cylinder car the guy said the motor wasn't very good but he was dead wrong he only had the throttle cable hooked up so they only open halfway, boy that car ran like a scared goat. It had a later Maverick cable.

Attachments

• temp_4.jpg
    temp_4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 97

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I guess it's pretty easy to stomp on the accelerator thinking there's got to be more if I press harder then snap goes the cable.

I know this is off topic, but this is why it is important to adjust the cable properly. Hold the throttle plate wide open and then tighten the screw on the cable. Make sure the pedal is all the way to the metal.