Dash Panel

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
I thought I could possibly remove the old varnish and clean up the old one. Those cracks in the varnish go through the veneer! Re-veneered and varnished and now back in place. The pic of the refurbished dash is weird because of a pano shot with my unsteady hands.

Attachments

• tiger new dash.jpg
    tiger new dash.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 327
  • tiger old dash.jpg
    tiger old dash.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Gold forum user
Nice

Did you use varnish? or the one coat epoxy like stuff that I believe is used by Prestige? What type of burl and what vendor? All we have in woodworking supplies was Rockler and they are out of business in Torrance.

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
How embarrassing, "Finally some music" in the title was because I was going to post a vid. of the car running. I can't seem to post a video on this site.

Anyway, the burl walnut was found at a garage sale for $5. It was sprayed with automotive clear coat. The car is at a shop (Warren knows where) where the majority of the work is being done. I work on it as much as I can. My part on this piece was the lettering and some parts gathering. Here is a pic of the dash installed and of the engine bay coming together.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 269
  • engne bay.jpg
    engne bay.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 257

Warren

Gold forum user
Title

Jim had a posting on another site with his new motor running. I only know this car and Jim as I dropped in to see it on way back from a Tiger event.
This is the car that was listed here on CAT but Jay AKA MTRoads I think. One of those times where I know real name first then forum name. Hope to see it in person at T.U. it's come a long way.

steven

Gold forum user
I purchased new burled walnut neneer from a sullpier in Aus and had a profeesional company attach and apply the finish very well done

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Almost there..

Getting down to the really small stuff. Car is on jacks to install new speedo gear. Here is a couple of pics. Cheers.

Attachments

• CAT.jpg
    CAT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 184
  • tiger 1.jpg
    tiger 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 215
  • tiger eng.jpg
    tiger eng.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 192

Warren

Gold forum user
Missing

Kind of miss those old Capri seats it had and the extended interior space with the rear top well removed.

Just kidding, this has come a long way since it was listed here for sale, great job. You really put the care in Caretaker:)

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Thanks !

Kind of miss those old Capri seats it had and the extended interior space with the rear top well removed.

Just kidding, this has come a long way since it was listed here for sale, great job. You really put the care in Caretaker:)

That made me laugh. Somewhere I have a pic of the lime green flourescent interior carpeting that covered everything except the 'house paneling' door panels. Maybe you could visit those old seats in your garage? lol As Jerry would say "What a long strange trip it's been"

Attachments

• Tiger dash.jpg
    Tiger dash.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 131