Tiger 1967 MK 1A B382002020

dwllacey

Bronze forum user
I bought this Tiger in 2013 in the San Francisco area. Trailered down to my home in Beaumont Ca. It was a good driver, but smoked and needed some TLC. The odometer read 71,000 miles. The previous owner had no info regarding previous owners, but had a Ca. DMV registration for a gentleman in Pasadena, Ca. I contacted the Pasadena owner and he sent me paperwork showing he bought the car in Pasadena in 1969. The car had 5000 miles on it and he had it until he sold it in 2000. No info on who bought it . The car had 63,800 miles on it. Through the Ca. Tiger Owners Club I found Dan Walters. Together we rebuilt the suspension and engine. The result was 279cu in, 302 crank, roller cam and much more. The rebuilt is documented in the Sept.- Oct 2015 issue of Tiger Tales titled "A Modern 260". We took the car to a dyno shop and the result was 237hp and 266 torque. I kept the car in storage for a year while we moved to Oregon. Once there I had Gary Halsip install a new top, carpet, door panels etc. The paint is original and we found original factory connectors, bolts etc. during the rebuild. So I have What appears to be an original car with low miles. I'm trying to find out who else owned the car and more history. Is anyone out there familiar with this Tiger?

Warren

Gold forum user
Inf 70

Did you ask the Ca. D.M.V. with the above form? The form isn't easy but I got number of the section in Sacramento from another clerk there yesterday. I fell out of the chair I had title issue and got best service from a clerk ever when I added the question and he gave me the phone number extension. P.M. me if you want the number. If you check the wrong box it'll take another 4 to 6 weeks to show all the titled former owners no addresses.

dwllacey

Bronze forum user
DMV

I couldn't find the form in your reply. Would you please send it again, I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Warren

Gold forum user
Link

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/d...01779225245372747843:uh-hxdgtdx8&cof=FORID:10

This is a link to the D.M.V. site.
The link is not to the exact form but it has many including the form and instructions on how to fill out the form which are rather confusing. I can guarantee only one thing that after you fill out the form send them $5 you'll be looking at the mailbox for many weeks waiting for a hint that you either filled out the forms wrong, or got some type of answer. Most often they don't tell you much but scribble something in, like an English teacher in grammar school before she writes F on it, not like that ever happened to me:cool:

Last edited: