LAT Hood

67tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Are LAT hoods available anywhere? If anyone has a resource let me know! Thanks, Don

Hoghead

Gold forum user
or buy the scoop off Ebay, fab the triangle vents, and make a steel hood that will fit properly

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
or buy the scoop off Ebay, fab the triangle vents, and make a steel hood that will fit properly

Some of the repro LAT bonnets availble fit very well.. Some require some tweaking... And some are an approximation of the front of a sunbeam wing profile per the originals :p

Warren

Gold forum user
Hood prop

In my pile of to do lies a box with the metal bracket cut from a steel hood for Paul S.
It's free to anyone for postage .

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
An observation

Are LAT hoods available anywhere? If anyone has a resource let me know! Thanks, Don

Just an opinion, but, the venting triangles do an excellent job of tossing the heat off to the sides. That scoop does little more than cosmetics and allow rain to hit the distributor.

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have what I believe to be an "original" LAT hood in faded Med Blue that I doubt that I'll ever use. I think some of the screen is missing. All in all, it's quite nice. Not sure how it fits or what it will take to buy it from me. I'm a bit of a hoarder. Gary Haslip