The Harrington

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A Sad Day/No Excuses

The proud piece was shipped back to it's owner on the rotary. Certain tying straps went missing or substituted and the stiff mount of the rotary with no suspension cushion subjected the effort to violent road vibrations. Nasty damage resulted. Now it's back to work; another harsh lesson.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Long Faces

Was the paint damaged or sheet metal bent?

I have not laid eyes on the results as yet. But, reports from the receiving end were flat out "extensive". Owner is placing the piece on it's suspension for the return trip. Even with their decades of age & experience, the prideful lads in the shop are sure upset that this effort is wounded again.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
harrington

randy,
I spent some time looking it over today. your body repairs are fantastic. especially the front floors.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Credit Where It's Due

randy,
I spent some time looking it over today. your body repairs are fantastic. especially the front floors.

I'm very lucky in that the crowd of aging curmudgeons I work with know their crafts. The road jockeys that do the shipping are a different unmanaged story.

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The proud piece was shipped back to it's owner on the rotary. Certain tying straps went missing or substituted and the stiff mount of the rotary with no suspension cushion subjected the effort to violent road vibrations. Nasty damage resulted. Now it's back to work; another harsh lesson.

Don't painted cars usually get moved with real front and rear suspension bolted up? When my Tiger was painted it had on "dummy" front and rear Alpine suspension.

I recently moved a Husky with no rear shocks or springs.....just a steel bar to locate the ride height of the IRS. I was surprised to see when I arrived at Tom Hall's the car was "slammed" down like it had airbags. No damage to the car but the temp metal bars were bent in to a V.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
harrington

it would be better to not speculate potential problems since there were a couple of underlying shipping faults that occurred.