Rear Wheel Brake Cylinder Pistons

MT Roads

Silver forum user
Does anyone know if there is any significance about whether the pistons in the Rear Wheel Brake Cylinders are "Flat" or if they have "Slots"?

Is this just a running change that can be interchanged among all Tigers & late Alpines and has no other real world importance?

I either have not heard about this feature, or it is yet another item in the growing list of things that have dropped off the short list of things that I knew.

MT Roads

Silver forum user
Thanks for the input, Hugpoint. Any added info is good.

I see from another post that you have recently acquired a Tiger, and a MKII. Congratulations!! And welcome to this Forum. There is a deep wealth of information here, and if there is anything you need to know, just ask.

You may want to start a new Thread to tell us anything about it that you want. Pics would be great also, and the Serial Number is always of great interest here.

Is this your first Tiger, or is this just the newest one for you?

Jay
B9470482
B9471323

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
Rear brake cylinder c clips

Im having problems putting these on correcly. Is there a trick. Is there a youtube vidio? to go back to your question mind don,t have the groves you asked about.

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Im having problems putting these on correcly. Is there a trick. Is there a youtube vidio? to go back to your question mind don,t have the groves you asked about.

Be sure you have the correct parts. There are bad part numbers out there from experience. What part # do you have.

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
Theese C clips are what came off the car

I just didn,t look close when I pulled them off and im not sure how they go back on the right way.