Wing window glass removal

casarris

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Taking apart my door wing windows so I can have the frames chromed. How do I remove the glass from the frame? I have removed the bottom finisher plates and all the screws I can find but the glass doesn't want to slide out.

steven

Gold forum user
Once the bottom metal is removed and you have the unit removed from the door, it is a simple matter to move the metal retainers apart for the door glass to drop out.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bending It

Won't this bend the window frame at the top of the "A"?
Yup: Just do it enough to free the glass and work it out (the glass) with a nylon or plastic screw driver blade. The real fun will be oiling up the new rubbers and getting the glass back in there. Make sure to tell your resto-chromer DO NOT take the bend out of the frame where it tilts inward.

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
Yup: Just do it enough to free the glass and work it out (the glass) with a nylon or plastic screw driver blade. The real fun will be oiling up the new rubbers and getting the glass back in there. Make sure to tell your resto-chromer DO NOT take the bend out of the frame where it tilts inward.

I've noticed that some tilt (have a bend) and some don't when I have pulled them. This may be a "fit to the individual car" type situation.