15" wheels

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Clearances ?

Sunbeam Specialties has a reproduction of the LAT wheel style in a 15"

I am hoping Rick or others will send us some pictures to add to his spot in the Pro Vendor CATegory ...

Saw a photo of these 15" LAT critters on Facebook. I have questions regarding offset and turning clearances to components on the inner portions of the wheel wells? Hoping to get an actual "fitting" report from any of the new owners. :confused:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Saw a photo of these 15" LAT critters on Facebook. I have questions regarding offset and turning clearances to components on the inner portions of the wheel wells? Hoping to get an actual "fitting" report from any of the new owners. :confused:

You would assume that they designed them around that issue and would have equivalent clearance to the 15" vto minilite style wheels they offer for sunbeams.

But you know what they say about assumptions...

Warren

Gold forum user
Pic

Here is the aforementioned picture lifted from another site, some guy's Christmas present he says.

Also a original wheel with a business card as a size reference.

I am looking for wheels too Santa but I haven't been that nice I'm afraid

Last edited:

mwood

Gold forum user
Since Rick started prototype work, I haven't really checked in with him on the spec of the new 15" LAT's. So, I have to say that the picture above looks to have more backspace than I would have expected. But, if Rick spec'ed 6.5" widths, maybe that's what you'd need for clearances in front with that design. No idea whether there is a single wheel size (as opposed to different f/r offsets), either, which would be nice for rotation...and maybe get people to try a square set up on tires, rather than the staggered that has become popular for looks. Speaking of looks, if the wheels are one size, I'm thinking most will want to run some type of spacer in the rear.

Last edited: