Pinehurst Concours

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All

On Saturday May 2, 2015 the 3rd Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance was held at the Pinehurst Golf Resort in North Carolina. Two Tigers were accepted into the field. Kim Barnes’ beautiful MkII was in entered in the class for Orphan Cars—Gone but Not Forgotten and my very early MkI was in the Post-War European Open (up to 1974) class. Also in my class were a 52 Allard, 61 & 67 E types, a 58 Jaguar XK150, an Austin Healey and a 1955 Siata Spyder.

The Orphan Car class included a Shamrock, produced in Ireland, a Studebaker Golden Hawk, a Turner and a Rambler Marlin and a couple others that I can not remember.

At the end of the day, my Tiger received Best of Class in the Post War Open class. The runner-ups went to the 61 E type, the Allard, and the Siata. I heard that the Siata was tracking for Best of Class but would not start during the function test. Kim’s MkII received a 1st Runner-up. Best of Show went to a 1919 Pierce Arrow, once owned by the silent film star Fatty Arbuckle.

It was a great event with magnificent cars. I have attached a few photos.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Congratulations and nice to see the 2 Tigers being accepted as they were. You mentioned that yours is an early car, how early is it?

Cheers - Doug

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doug

Ser 0033 (22nd Tiger off the Jensen production Line)...Date of Production 6/19/64.

Warren

Gold forum user
Very nice

Do you know what brand the redline tires are on the MK2? I am 13" tire shopping TIA