Pistons ??

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
OK Guys: I'm running into a wall trying to source "quality" 3.830 (260) pistons with matching rings. Any source info will be appreciated. :mad:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dimension SNAFU's

Do tell.

What problems are you seeing?

Diameter plus/minus as much as .009 from slug-to-slug. The stacking of the rings varies in location when measured from the crown downward. In a few, the pin location is either high or low and in two examples, not at 90 degrees. Then there's the poor finish with slagged edges. These are all obvious blems that I've culled from sets over the seasons, but, they shouldn't have been boxed and sent out in the first place. To be fair I've also gotten KB's that were near perfect and a pleasure to install.
I just found that Scat will custom up some forged for us at a fair cost.

Warren

Gold forum user
Please note

Posting in for the section formerly selected limits responses to CAT members. Seems that price quality quantity can always be issue with big box vendors.

I hope a non member may chime in now with a source.

tigerracer

Silver forum user
OK Guys: I'm running into a wall trying to source "quality" 3.830 (260) pistons with matching rings. Any source info will be appreciated. :mad:

Hi Randy,
I sell forged 260 pistons in any oversize and whatever compression you would like.
Estimated price with rings is about $825.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Purrrfect they were

Hi Randy,
I sell forged 260 pistons in any oversize and whatever compression you would like.
Estimated price with rings is about $825.

And the set you sold me a while back are running purrrrfectly. This project owner has us looking for variety/alternatives. More later . . . . . .