Stainless steel bumpers.

ktwhite

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Has anyone purchased the ss Tiger/ Alpine bumpers being sold on Ebay by Italian auto parts/mr fiat. I am curious as to the fit and finish. Also can anyone in the Orange County/ Riverside CA. area give me a good reference for chrome shops. Thanks for looking.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The bumpers are likely from the manufacturer in Vietnam. They are more decorative than functional, made of strips of stainless.

They require the use of their specific overriders as the factory items will not fit, so you need those too. Several people have uses the vietnam ones and most required a fair amount of adjustment to fit well.

They could be a good option if your bumpers are missing, badly damaged or you cant find good cores. However long term stock items rechromed are better.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I spoke to several people that used these about 6+ yrs ago - they said the fit was not good at all. I will have a complete stock set for sale at Sunbeam Specialties swap meet next month.

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, I agree with Michael, stock ones are better. But the stainless steel are well made and look very nice. In went through bumper replacement saga with my restoration. When we got into repairing the front frame horns we needed to have straight bumpers. My stock ones were badly bent so I couldn't use them and bought the ss ones and they worked for what I needed. I've had some real problems getting my original ones straightened and chromed, even from a reputable chrome shop that has done excellent work on every thing else. It's also very expensive to get the stock ones straightened and chromed. The rear one turned out great, but the front one has been back to the shop 3 times, and I am waiting to get it the 3rd time. We mounted the SS one on the front and it did need some minor tweaking of the bracket but it looked good. Now I am waiting for the original repaired one, hopefully. Rechromed stock ones are, of course best, but the Vietnamese SS ones will work if you don't have original bumpers. Cliff