Water hose from radiator to waterpump plus radiator drain tap

pruyter

New forum user
CAT Member
Hi all,

I experience trouble with the bottom water hose which runs from the radiator to the waterpump (LHD 1964 Tiger), it is collapsing. So I am in search for a new one but I don't know a supplier. Are there suitable silicone hoses on the market or hoses with a sort of spring in it in order to prevent collapsing?
Perhaps a Mustang hose will fit?
I hope that somebody is able to guide me in the right direction.
I also discovered that the drain tap of my radiator is leaking, so I need a new one. I was able to find out that the diameter of the thread is 0.25 inch but I have no idea what kind of thread is used nor do I know the approiate tpi.
Does somebody know this information and which company is able to supply me with a new one? I am living in the Netherlands and if Mustang parts will fit than it is easy for me to buy Mustang parts in my country which is not the case regarding Tiger parts.
I have asked this questions on the forum of STOC, but nobody seems to be able (or wiling...) to help me out. On nice person gave me the idea to make contact with this forum which I should have realized myself being a member of CAT for many years.
So I appreciate it very much if somebody would help me out on this one.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Peter Ruyter

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Peter ..the lower hose should have a spring in it to stop it collapsing. Sprinkler springs work..get a stainless steel one. Mustang suppliers also sell them.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not the problem....

...I would suggest a lower rad hose collapsing is a symptom and not a problem.

-Check fluid level, too low.

-system pressure, none.

-plugged rad

-stat problem.

Hose springs are a hold over from a time when cooling systems did not have pressure.

There is a reason hoses don't come with springs.

In a properly functioning pressurized system, the hoses don't collapse.

Just my $.02

DW

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
spring

Cobra automotive sells a stainless spring just for this- their in wallingham ct