LAT bonnets and astons

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Speaking of LAT bonnets (reading Dukes install thread) and thnking about getting round to getting my LAT bonnet ready i saw soemthing interesting today

While looking under the bonnet (hood) of an aston martin vanquish i noticed something that could be usefull to tiger owners.. especially those with LAT hoods.

Look at a pic on the net and you will see 2 x silver insulated chimneys rising up from deep in the engine bay going to the 2 vents in the rear of the bonnet. I looked further down at these and they were attached to large sheilds of the same insulating material that wrapped over and sheilded the headers. The chimneys entered those.. they vent the heat from the headers to the bonnet vents.

This would work on a tiger and with an LAT bonnet i am sure some negative pressure where the NCCA vents are would help draw the hot air from the engine bay even better. I'll try and post some pics at some point.. you would lose the cool look of the headers in the engine bay.. but i bet it would make a HUGE difference in engine bay temps.