Dan Walters Torque Arm

Tigerbill

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I just got my order (paypal) in before Dan's cut off (mar 16)...just a reminder for anyone else that wants in.

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member
torque arm

Just curious how many orders did Dan get. I for one have one coming, not planning on running hard much but if Duke hasn't broke it yet has to be good

Warren

Gold forum user
Clarify

Will this be a motor/trans in car bolt on mount up afternoon project?

It sounds like this is a good wheel hop correction add on.

It seems from the thread that this product can be used in place of or in addition to the Traction Masters.

My use would be without the Traction Masters, as I do not care for the weld or bolt on or the looks of them.

Lightly modified car wanting to go around corners and enjoy a little wheel spin now and then, with less wheel hop. Tigers should pounce not bunny hop.
My car needs to have a motor out freshening leak fixing add headers and exhaust, but I was hoping to wait till after Tigers Utd. I am not one of those guys who says I can like the old "Name that Tune TV show" I can drop that motor in 7 hours. A more likely time frame would be a motor R & R in 7 days.

But I have changed and R&R VW motors and clutches in parking lots in the old VW bus and every other Rube Goldberg repair on the side of the road back in the miss spent youth days.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Warren said:

It sounds like this is a good wheel hop correction add on.

Yes and yes it IS the wheel hop correction add on.

Last edited by a moderator:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rube & Golboig

Warren said:

But I have changed and R&R VW motors and clutches in parking lots in the old VW bus and every other Rube Goldberg repair on the side of the road back in the miss spent youth days.

No youth is ever miss spent; it's just been allocated to the wrong end of the spectrum.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Tits on a bull?

Traction Masters may bind but are not needed with the torque arm.

The T A keeps the pinion from rising. That bends the springs which unwind causing the tires to release - hook up then slip again repeat.

Several GM cars had a "Torque Tube" '58 Chevy for one. The drive shaft is in the tubular drive housing just short of the output shaft on the transmission. T Arm does the same with a ladder next to the open drive shaft.

Controlling pinion rise is a good thing because it winds up the springs which recoil and generate the hopping go spin go spin action of a stock Tiger best.

Edit PS The HP threshold for making the TA needed/desirable is something at over 250.

Rick

Last edited:

acorra

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Looking for DW Torque Arms too!

If DW is making a run of torque arms anytime, I'm looking to buy.

acorra

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Torque Arms

Thanks. I contacted Dan and will send him a deposit. He is looking for 2 more orders (with deposits) to get a run of torque arms going. Anyone else interested?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
More Needs

You can add us to the list. I know he likes to do them in batches.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dan's Contact Information

Dan, as President of C.A.T., has his contact information listed on page 2 of Tiger Tales in 2016.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Add me to the list

You can add us to the list. I know he likes to do them in batches.

Add me to the list, and please let me (us) know when Dan plans on doing another batch and cost so I (we) can pay him.

Thanks, Doug

Warren

Gold forum user
Guy's

Please scroll back thru the thread and ask Dan. If you are a member look in the Tiger Tales

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dan's planning on attending CAT's meeting this Saturday in case you want to speak with him in person.

bt
at the beach

VinceB

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Any interest on ordering more?

Guys-

Seems like this thread hasn't had much activity of late. I'm interested in getting a torque arm but Dan mentioned he needs to get others interested so he can commission another build...

Any interest out there in getting a group order going?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
And Again

Guys-

Seems like this thread hasn't had much activity of late. I'm interested in getting a torque arm but Dan mentioned he needs to get others interested so he can commission another build...

Any interest out there in getting a group order going?

Yup: I want one for the shop shelf inventory.

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I'm very interested. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks Vince and Dan!

-Jon