Tiger Auto into the Sunset

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As has been mentioned in another thread on this Forum, Doug Jennings is in the process of closing down his Tiger Auto. While he retired several years ago much of the inventory remained and since has helped service the Tiger and Alpine community. However he has now sold the Tiger Auto building and will be turning it over to the new owners in a month or two. The sooner he can clean out the building, the happier he'll be.

Meanwhile he is liquidating all his remnants. (This includes tons of sheet metal from pieces up to whole cars.) This might be a good time to squirrel away some pieces for a rainy day.

If anyone needs anything Tiger related they should talk to Doug ASAP.

We're watching this great Tiger resource in the process of disappearing. have no idea what pieces Doug my continue providing (hopefully his excellent fulcrum pins) nor do I know how we'll be able to contact him once his Tiger Auto shop is gone. (Right now CAT members can see his current contact information in the "White Pages" section of this Forum).

Perhaps some owners from back in the Dayton area can fill us in?

Buck,
at the beach

Doug Jr

New forum user
Tiger auto

Like Buck has stated. we sold the building and will no longer have 4000 sq/ft to store parts in. The pins and pieces we have made will still be done. My machinist is still in business, he will now be 35 mins away instead of a stone's throw.

We really don't have the room for all the parts we have collected over the years. Doors hoods seat rails bits and pieces taken off at least 50 cars. Most of these are in the condition as they were when we took them off, so they are not perfect. We get rain back here so they will have rust but, I've always preferred a rusty straight panel to a rust free bent one. Many of the panels have been dipped so they'll cost a little more but then you can see what you have. (It costs us about 1500$ just to dip the body before we cut it apart.)

The number for my father will not change from what is listed in the white pages and I'll be adding my cell number to this profile also. By December 6th all must be gone. Anything left then gets scrapped. (We may try to save a few of the best pieces.) Lots of Alpine bits in here too. 3 tiger toploaders and cut on hard tops. Give us a call , leave a message if my father doesn't hear the phone ring he will call back.

Last edited by a moderator:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have just returned from a 4,500 mile road trip to Tiger Auto in Dayton.

Doug is still cleaning out the building. I saw stacks of Tiger racks, Tiger and Alpine crossmembers. He still has quite a stack of sheet metal including a few NOS pieces! I couldn't count the number of seat track and window regulators. There were engines and trannys as well.

I purchased a NOS MKII headlight rim (door) as well as a kit including a pair of new headlight buckets, ss rims and associated headlight hardware. $250 total for all.

I think he turns over the building to the new owners at the end of this month. He who hesitates...

bt
at the beach

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just Made a Visit

Hi All

Rob Harter (DCTiger) just returned from our visit to Doug and Tiger Auto. We drove from Wash DC to Dayton on Fri, crashed at the Holiday Inn where TEAE held United 34 and met Doug at his shop Sat morning.

Still a lot of parts left. Everything is pretty well organized by component area. We got a very nice rear quarter panel, complete rear end and headlamp eyebrows. Also found a few choice pieces like a NOS hood release cable and a NOS Bakelite cubby hole surround still in the Rootes wrappers. Also got a very nice front license plate holder and a few other items.

By 11 AM we were on the road back to DC.

Lots still left, hoods, trunk lids, panels, dashes, gauges, fuel lines...on and on.

Only a few weeks left and it is gone.

Warren

Gold forum user
Pickers Paradise

Sounds great what better than a road trip and rusty car bits.
Always liked the word bonnet on the hood pull