New boots

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Had some new tyres fitted yesterday, moving away from comp spec tyres and trying street sports, got falken ZIEX ZE-912. These are now superceded by the 914.

Put 195/60/14 front and 205/60/14 rear. Sadly wet day, not nice in a sunbeam, and only wet not 30°+ day in weeks... But tyres seemed OK in wet and I did a few emergency stop tests on the way home and they seemed good.. Will report how they go. Will be doing about 250 miles this weekend.

kbecker

Gold forum user
CAT Member

Picked up some 2 years ago need to get car on road while there still good. Mine are 205/60-13 and 185/60-13. Kinda thinking should got 195 for the front or 205 all around. doesn't matter now can't find them in the states right now. I'll be interested in your ride either way. Kevin

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interesting enough, the 205's were a 2016 mfg date.. The 195's were late 2014... Been on the shelf a while :(

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
FWIW, your second picture is one of the best profile pictures of a non-striped Tiger I've seen yet. :D The rain drops make that silver color really pop. Added to my picture collection!
Cheers! -Kevin

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
FWIW, your second picture is one of the best profile pictures of a non-striped Tiger I've seen yet. :D The rain drops make that silver color really pop. Added to my picture collection!
Cheers! -Kevin

Thanks for the kind words, here are a couple of my favourite pics of the silver, which at dusk goes a deeper metallic grey.

mwood

Gold forum user
I don't think the ZE-914 "ecorun" will be available in the US through normal channels and inventory on the ZE-912 is getting low. If the 195/60-14 size works, the Falken RT615K is available. It is a performance tire, not an all season, though.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
New 13 in tires

THE NEW ISSUE of CLASSIC MOTORSPORTS Magazine lists new products at the 2016 SEMA show. Herculese Tire will begin producing 13 in performance tires.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not a factory colour, 2003 maserati silver, car was originally 86 forest green and was dark metalic blue fir a while after that.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Michael, Great choice. I applaud your decision to go with your own color. I have owned my MK I since 1980. It was originally Carnival Red and I had it painted '85 Corvette Red about that time. I was happy with the color but not the quality of the paint job. I'm starting a full restoration now and am seriously considering doing some slight alterations to the trim much like you have done.
Was it a tough decision for you to go with something other than a factory color?
I have a color in mind and am having trouble imagining what it would look like on a Tiger. Did you face a similar dilemma?

Last edited:

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Superlative

Thanks for the kind words, here are a couple of my favourite pics of the silver, which at dusk goes a deeper metallic grey.

I have to agree with Kevin, the shot with the rain drops looks great! Beautiful car Michael. I have to get some wheels and tires very soon. As much as I like the 14s and 60 series tires, the available options are pretty slim. I've read every post and comment here and on every site I could find. I think I am going to go with 15s and 195/55 - 205/55 and pray I don't need to trim sheet metal.