Early MK1 Highly Modified

Warren

Gold forum user
The car is owned by a fellow member Jerold in Escondido Ca. his email is animalhouse30@cox.net

Please,only contact m
e if you want my opinion on the condition. It has been about 6 months since I have seen the car, but I have a selective memory when it comes to cars. I remember only the parts I like, or the haggle points if I'm a buyer.

Here is my 200 words or less on the car. Please know that I am not trying to be overly critical and these are just my personal observations and they are subjective in nature.

Older yet good 5 to 10 foot paint with respray on front end from small repair in front. Valence was replaced with nicer than average LAT hood the scoop and the fiberglass gel coat work is done very well. Older restoration and mod's that are some what period dated. No obvious rust issues or low budget home brew repairs.

High quality of general labor on motor and cooling mods. Extensive changes to cooling system. The car has a C4,auto. trans. 347 stroker motor. Older mature driver, car show miles driven on rebuild. Car has not been Auto X'd. Original front end and underpinnings with typical period Traction Masters. Dated wheel set with driver tires, non matched set. Period 13's rims in nice condition. Stock brakes on all 4 corners. Good driver fit n finish on interior and custom tonneau cover with removable headrests. Stewart Warner gauges and modern dash.

What you see is what you get the car. No original bits except for gas tanks as it has gas fuel cell, I think. I don't remember if it was a composite or alum. one now.

My mid week job is 40 mile all freeway R/T from this car, and I may see it again. I may visit and drive him to the Cruising Grand show in Escondido. Age has forced him to stop driving the car.

The C4 is a challenging mod and not for everyone. The correct numbered trans. is out there somewhere and not in Jerrold's possession. The P.O. he got the car was the person who converted the car to automatic. The Mustang floor shifter is a little less than optimally mounted. No idea on rear end numbering. He has a extensive file on the car, and most of the other mods he contracted at a local hot rod shop.

It would be nice to see a happy buyer and seller from the group. The car has a T.A.C. sticker, but I did not see the certificate I remember it was also a very low number. You can visit S.T.O.A. to see the supporting info. on the site there.

Pics at link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/warren_cucarullo/

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I want to build a "beater " Tiger that I can modify--you know, maybe flare the fenders, rugged racey interior, etc....
My last few Tigers have been nice, my wife had a "beater" in the 90's and we loved it, in fact it was TAC # 65.

Alger

Bronze forum user
Beater tiger

there's a lot to be said for having a good driver, that's what I like about my car, I don't have to worry too much about dinging it or driving it too hard.