Mid-Ohio, yet again, we came, we saw.....

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
...and WE conquered .... More or less.

We had ANOTHER GREAT time at the track!

Again we ran in group 4, mostly different cars than Indy.

Friday was practice in the morning and qualifying in the afternoon.

Saturday was qualifying in the morning and the first race in the afternoon.

I started 3rd and finished 2nd and Tom Started 5th and finished 3rd, just bearly.

Tom was running 4th going into the last turn, where a car had JUST dumped a LOT of oil!

3rd place, SVRA head cheese Tony P, was leading Tom only to spin BIG TIME coming on to the front straight.

Tom cruised into 3rd and a UNEXPECTED podium AND MEDAL!

So we BOTH collected SILVER and BRONZE at BOTH events, and it was only Saturday!

On Sunday the race was a little different, the Saturday pole sitter had dropped out at the start of the Saturday race and was an unknown starting at the back Sunday.

I expected him to charge through the field into the lead, it didn't happen that way.

At the start I pulled into the lead early and lead the first lap.

Seeing it was a 20 minute race, I backed down a bit and the 'vette passed.

I followed him for a few laps until I was a bit board and slowed again to let Tony pass.

Now Tony is fun to follow!

I enjoyed Tony for a few laps and even wondered if I would move up just by Tony using a bit more track than was there!

Finally the old pole sitter made his way up to me and I let him pass, then it started to get more entertaining.

And then Tom was picking up speed and he passed me in hot pursuit.

What followed was several laps of GREAT fun!

I sat back as the unofficial camera guy.

As the tightly nit group fought slower cars, the battle was heavy.

Tom passed back and forth from 3rd to 4th a few times only to finish 4th.

Tom set the fastest lap time for the group 4 race.

We had our fun and decided not to do Road America in July, so I headed home in the rig.

Last edited:

Doug C

Gold forum user
Welcome back to CA

Dan, welcome back to California. You and Tom must be beat, or should I say tired? Do you have any photos to share?

Cheers,

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well done Dan and Tom!

Did you get the gopro working this time? Please share the footage if you did.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
mid ohio

It's been several years since there were both Tigers and Alpines racing at Mid Ohio. The white Alpine is the car once owned and raced by Carl Christianson. It was an interesting weekend.

Last edited: